GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
13,271 Posts
Penn State 0 and 5 for the first time ever. So hard to watch this train wreck.
I am disappoint.

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,471 Posts
I am disappoint.
I'm shocked at that. Well, it is 2020.

Reactions: Rotn1

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I am disappoint.
I've never been a fan of Franklin but you can't argue the results until this year it looked to me in the games iv seen he has lost his team.

·
Registered
13,271 Posts
I've never been a fan of Franklin but you can't argue the results until this year it looked to me in the games iv seen he has lost his team.
I didn’t follow him until he got to Penn State.
He did a good job recruiting and rebuilding after the Sandusky scandal and actually fielded a real contender for a couple of years.

Something is very wrong. At first I thought it was a weak offensive line coupled with a non-thinking quarterback...... but it’s bigger than that.
On paper they look pretty good, but are seriously underperforming.

·
Registered
45 Posts
This year sucks as everything else about 2020. My only wish is that 2021 is back to normal and college football is back to how it use to be, but somehow I doubt it.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
I certainly wouldn’t say that at all but to post that you don’t like football in a completely football thread isn’t really what I would call a good difference of opinion that should be posted. I mean if you disagreed with a specific aspect of the game or season that’s one thing. Just thinking football is stupid and boring is kind of pointless. It’s going to go over like a fart in church.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It really sounds like you are one that doesn't take being disagreed with lightly.
I take it that most of the posts about boycotting nfl games because of the un-American activities of some of the players and those other players beating their girl/boy friends and shoplifting crab legs are enough.
Football time it, during the hour a game is timed to last just how many minutes is the ball actually in 'play'? I have timed a couple of games and to get more than 18 minutes was hard to achieve.
Over hyped, not very entertaining and I am still amazed at the federal governments protection bestowed on the owners of all professional sports.
How obviously intelligent folks find wasting a couple of hours of their lives worrying about this nonsense still stymies me.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I didn’t follow him until he got to Penn State.
He did a good job recruiting and rebuilding after the Sandusky scandal and actually fielded a real contender for a couple of years.

Something is very wrong. At first I thought it was a weak offensive line coupled with a non-thinking quarterback...... but it’s bigger than that.
On paper they look pretty good, but are seriously underperforming.
He was kind of a jacka** at Vanderbilt not real liked but he fielded a good team. However he kind of reminded me of Bobby petrino in that after he left the wheels fell off. He seems like he can be somewhere for 3 or 4 years then he loses the team.

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
He was kind of a jacka** at Vanderbilt not real liked but he fielded a good team. However he kind of reminded me of Bobby petrino in that after he left the wheels fell off. He seems like he can be somewhere for 3 or 4 years then he loses the team.
He gets $5.5M per year now.

·
Registered
21,063 Posts
How long can Clemson not win or play a game and remain in the top 4? It's been about about a month since they snuck by BC.
The current feud between Dabo and Florida State would be amusing if it weren’t so pathetic.

Covid has made everyone a little crazy.

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
IMG_3594.jpg

This season will go down with an asterisk. If I had a vote at the end of the season I would not give a top 10 to any team that did not play at least 10 games. But I don't.
The first College Football Playoff show is tomorrow (Tue) at 7:00pm eastern (I believe).
ESPN. They’ll announce who’s in right now and who’s on the bubble.
Right now it’s too early to predict, but it will be fun to watch. (I’ll be flying/working)

So I think the committee will do it in this order:

#1: Alabama
#2: ND
#3: Ohio State
#4: Clemson

runner up-
#5: Florida
#6: Cincinnati
Here's the first list. I'm starting to understand czsmith's point when looking at Ohio State who played only 4 games.

Their match up with Northwestern will determine whether one of them will be in playoff. Ohio State has the advantage of a Brand Name. But Northwestern may have the real contender. This Big10 championship game is one to watch.

Then you are likely to have #1 Bama vs #6 Gators for SEC championship. Those are the games to watch.

Not so sure Fabio's team will remain in top4.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Saban, due to Covid19, will not be on the sideline for Alabama's next game against Auburn.

Interesting!

41 - 54 of 54 Posts