Glock Talk banner

NC Disaster Relief Worker Arrested in NJ With a Gun

733 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  SJ 40
NC Disaster Relief Worker Arrested in NJ With a Gun
By Dan Zimmerman on July 6, 2015

By James England via concealednation.org

The 4th of July marks the time when our Founding Fathers issued a proclamation to the British government. And while each year, we celebrate our new-found liberty and freedom with fireworks and barbecues – one family in North Carolina is very much on edge about defending theirs. Tower climbing is one of the most dangerous jobs in the country. It involves servicing cell phone and transmission towers all cross the nation with little advance warning and working at heights that would make most men quit. Many of these towers are located in remote regions and sketchy areas. When Brian Fletcher mobilized his men to head up to New Jersey, he did what any law abiding gun owner in North Carolina would do when heading into unknown territory – he brought his legally owned pistol . . .

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ster-relief-worker-arrested-in-nj-with-a-gun/

New Jersey strikes again ! This time instead of a mother from Pn. it's a So. Carolina aid worker. SJ 40
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
999 Posts
I'm all for trumpeting the wrong behavior of law enforcement when it's due and I'm a big proponent of writing the parties voicing my disagreement but this whole problem really rests on the shoulders of the gentleman that got arrested. The article is a slam piece at best. While they reference the person following the laws of NC that isn't how things work. You follow the laws of the state you are in and NJ has no duty to inform. Also it's the duty of the NC permit holder to insure they are in compliance with ALL state laws where they travel and determine if the states you travel offer reciprocity.

While the guy arrested was full of good intentions and does a difficult job neither are substitutes for following the law.

With "rights" come "responsibilities" and his was to determine the laws where he was going to be traveling in regards to firearms.

· Registered
59,814 Posts
I guess not everyone knows that having a gun in New Jersey can be a big problem. I feel badly for him that he did not know but I agree had had a responsibility to check first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.