GlockTalk Forum banner

141 - 160 of 247 Posts

·
Venor ergo sum
3,293 Posts
That’s the great thing about America. He has the right to free speech and therefore, the right to be WRONG.

·
Registered
27,147 Posts
Trump supporter: "He doesn't support Trump therefore he's anti-American":flag:

Average American: "This is the military leader who took out Bin Laden, the most Anti-American person known to man, right?":faint:

Trump supporter, "So? He's a liberal, RINO and enemy of the free world. Any idiot with half a brain can see that, its indisputable. He's part of the system to take out Trump! We must drain the swamp!":notlistening:

Average American: "Ok, just checking if I understood you correctly before I vote for Biden":crazy:

Boom! mic drop
Your comedy skit is suitable for SNL. :)

(It portrays a couple of the usual stereotypical, uninformed people who vote without delving deeper into anything resembling facts.)

·
Registered
13,056 Posts
Trump supporter: "He doesn't support Trump therefore he's anti-American":flag:

Average American: "This is the military leader who took out Bin Laden, the most Anti-American person known to man, right?":faint:

Trump supporter, "So? He's a liberal, RINO and enemy of the free world. Any idiot with half a brain can see that, its indisputable. He's part of the system to take out Trump! We must drain the swamp!":notlistening:

Average American: "Ok, just checking if I understood you correctly before I vote for Biden":crazy:

Boom! mic drop
The only boom is when you fell on your head as a kid.
The military is not homogeneous of thought. There are people, including high ranking officers who are liberals, progressives etc.
There are many who believe in gun control.
Why are you continuously so incredulous over basic knowledge.

·
Registered
27,147 Posts
He probably is better than me. You don't make admiral without being highly intelligent and driven
Well, if you didn't try to follow his career path, you can't know for sure ...

Intelligent and driven enough, as well as politically connected and savvy of how to position himself for promotion?

Reactions: nrajeff

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
From what I read...................He is saying that Buffoon A is better than Buffoon B..................I tend to disagree, I prefer a different buffoon to a long time buffoon.

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
FYI: Believing that black lives matter is different than supporting the BLM organization.
The act of publicly submitting to the intimidation to become a fellow virtue signaler and "mouth the mantra" speaks volumes about how much spine he has or doesn't have. Neville Chamberlain comes to mind.

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
Everyone deserves to make a bad decision in their life. This guy is no exception.
Betraying one's country should not be blithely dismissed as a Mulligan-worthy "mistake."

Reactions: Rotn1

·
Registered
120 Posts
Because I don't scream and yell and get indignant I'm passive aggressive?

I state facts, I make my point and support it. I found it works best in business and in my personal life.

As soon as someone loses their temper or starts exaggerating to make a point, you know they have nothing to add.

You clearly see things differently. You be you, I'll be me.
Jonesee, are you pro-gun?

·
Registered
13,056 Posts
Because I don't scream and yell and get indignant I'm passive aggressive?

I state facts, I make my point and support it. I found it works best in business and in my personal life.

As soon as someone loses their temper or starts exaggerating to make a point, you know they have nothing to add.

You clearly see things differently. You be you, I'll be me.
Jonesee,
Sincere question:
Do you think if I toned it down and took your “softer” approach I could survive on a liberal progressive form/ message board.
I think even if I “pretended” to fit in, the moderators would kick me out at light speed but not before the members threatened me with any number of unpleasant things.

I think the tolerance levels here on GT are very very high. We foolishly seem to accept infiltrators and collaborators ( to be clear I don’t know you and am not accusing you of either).

I honestly don’t know how any real gun owner can square the circle and vote, in the present day for a Democrat. In the old days it was different. But not today.

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
Trump is the best thing that has happened to America in, I don’t know how long.

He is the worst thing that has happened to the deep state/military industrial complex/NWO. That is why he is hated.

I have never been a Trumpster because of the way he carries himself. I supported Ted Cruz in the primary in 2016.

However, I believe Trump is, by far, our best shot at rooting out the deep state and to get back on the path to a constitutional republic.

At this time we’re heading for a cliff and the left has their foot on the gas. Trump is fighting to get on the brake.
Much wisdom in this post.

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
FYI: Acknowledging Trump is bad for America has absolutely nothing to do with leaning left.
I would describe it as leaning American.
Thinking that Kamala/Biden will be better for America than Trump/Pence will be, has everything to do with leaning waaaay left.

I would describe it as the epitome of leaning anti-American.

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
So the Admiral is willing to toss America as we know it to the side because he didn't like Trump's style?
So many pick up on the unimportant things and totally miss the bigger picture of what is at stake.
And that shows a disturbing flaw in leadership style. Good leaders, if they want to accomplish a mission, need to stay focused on that bigger picture. I would be a little apprehensive about being under his command.

·
Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner
14,352 Posts
didn't need to read it............just saw where it came from

·
Registered
14,664 Posts
News article:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/black-lives-matter-navy-seal-031036423.html

The actual Op-ed penned by Adm. William McRaven (ret):
https://www.yahoo.com/news/black-lives-matter-navy-seal-031036423.html

Let's try something new. Read the article before commenting.

Another one. Trump has lost the middle-ground voter.

People here will say the guy "is part of the swamp", or a "RINO" or glad he's gone. The messenger isn't the problem. The message is accurate, relevant and timely.

The fact is Trump is losing voters including middle of the road voters he can ill afford to lose. Look at all the prominent republicans who have spoken out, all the op-eds that have been written. The president won the presidency with a minority of voters. He cannot afford to lose any support to gain re-election, yet he has. Even within the military, former cabinet members, sitting congressmen, prominent supporters and members of the republican party.

Show proof bin Laden is actually dead, and I'll read your post.

141 - 160 of 247 Posts