Naval Air Station Pensacola active shooter reported

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by TBO, Dec 6, 2019.

1. railfancwb

railfancwb

Isn’t three in a row evidence of enemy action?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. railfancwb

railfancwb

Remember Ft Hood?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. bunk22

bunk22

He was obviously a WSO in training. NAS Pensacola has not trained pilots since 1996...I know as I was in the last pilot class to be trained and winged at NAS Pensacola. Again, as a former NETSAFTA OIC of RSNF pilots out of Whiting, the entire training pipeline is about 3 years as it includes English language school. That used to take at least six months.

Not all of the Saudi pilots are of Royal descent either, most are not. I will say though, almost all are horrendous pilots, lack motivation, awful military bearing and if this student was spewing anti-American crap, he should have been removed a long time ago. That happened when I was OIC, the student was quickly removed and gone within a day.

G19Tony, aircarver, Caver 60 and 2 others like this.
  4. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member

Not counting language school, what takes two and a half years ? Or are we just taking the Saudi’s money?

5. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

Out West, 1L26, Sharkey and 4 others like this.
  6. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member

I can find no other sources for this.

:headscratch:

7. bunk22

bunk22

hmmmm, yeah, kinda probably

willie_pete likes this.
  8. teeceetx

teeceetx

TBO, Caver 60 and Grumpy_old_man like this.
  9. bunk22

bunk22

Looks like it took place in Bldg 633....which I believe is the main Schools Command building. It is the first building you check into upon starting your career as a Naval Aviator. Generally, API students are there. Regardless, seeing he had posted Anti-American crap prior to this leads me to believe he was not being watched, as my students were when I was OIC. Granted, 9/11 had happened just 5 years earlier when I took the job, this student should have been immediately removed and sent home.

Grumpy_old_man and czsmithGT like this.
  10. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

Not many facts but reports are 6 have been detained for questioning.

"6 Saudi nationals were arrested near the naval base in Pensacola, Fla., where a Saudi gunman opened fire Friday, killing three before turning the gun on himself, a senior U.S. official told Fox News."

"The suspects were taken into custody and are being questioned about the shooting, the source said."

"The FBI, which is leading the investigation into the incident that took place early Friday morning at Naval Air Station (NAS) Pensacola in Florida, declined to reveal the identity of the shooter in the early stages of the investigation, but a U.S. official told Fox News that the gunman was an aviation student from Saudi Arabia named Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani."

willie_pete and Caver 60 like this.
  11. bunk22

bunk22

This quote from the article is 100% true...

Many U.S. military pilots have complained for decades that some of the Saudi pilots are not safe flyers, sources said.

I have flown with both RSNF and RSAF pilots, both in the T-34C and T-45C Goshawk. I oversaw two training programs, both in Pensacola and Kingsville Jets, the Saudi’s are poor pilots. Yes, once in while there was a good Saudi...meaning a good Saudi was equal to a slightly below average US pilot. Overall, inept pilots and officers.

12. Bilrus61

Bilrus61

If I was Trump I wouldn't trust the FBI to investigate this. They will do the maximum they can to embarrass the administration. Need to get some kind of neutral law agency to look into it. Florida State Police would be better than the FBI.

n2g likes this.
  13. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

Probably nobody in a better position to make that call. Thanks for the insight.

wprebeck and motorcycleman like this.
  14. Oldschooltube

Oldschooltube Flux Capacitor Technician

Then execute!

15. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

Or just task an intern to investigate who this Muhammad bin Abd al Wahhab character was, what he stood for and how he might influence people who follow his beliefs and then form foreign policy to match that reality.

16. Caver 60

Caver 60

When I was in AF pilot training, we had two muslims in our class. I forget if they were Saudi's or from Iran. They washed them back 6 classes, because they couldn't fly well enough to solo.

An American would be lucky if they washed him back one class. Most of the time Americans got one shot at it, and they were out if they couldn't cut it.

Finally one of them soloed once, but that was it. The other one never soloed. But one of them tried to kill himself and his instructor.

They flew up initial and started to pitch out to downwind in a T-37. This guy rolled on past the normal 60 degree bank angle, and was headed to the ground from 1,000 feet up. He was physically quite a bit larger than his IP. The IP couldn't overpower him on the controls.

The IP had the presence of mind to grab the guys oxygen hose and pinch it shut. Suddenly the guy decided he didn't want to meet Allah that day, and grabbed for his oxygen mask with both hands. The IP pulled the plane out of the dive just in time.

That ended it for them.

OGW and WeeWilly like this.
  17. B C

B C

3 of the 6 arrested were filming the shooting. The had to have been given a heads up he was going to do this.

18. pittpa

pittpa What did I come in here for?

Fortress of Solitude on 11th floor - SW PA 'burbs
    FullClip likes this.
  19. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 Unapologetic Deplorable.

Yeah another of Obama's "NRA inspired work place mass shootings". Just like the gay night club in Florida, for Obama's spin crew that was a "Homophobic/NRA inspired mass shooting by a conflicted gay guy". Never mind the fact they are screaming "Allahu Akbar" and have expressed terrorist sympathy's, don't forget the Talking Point's for the suckers to buy.

Now if Saudi Arabia can't vett its own Air Force personnel what in hell are the chances a hostile nation in the best of times, Syria, Somalia, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, countries with basically no functional bureaucracy's and certainly not friendly ones, will be able to vett while engaged in civil war's?

These Demokrat's are going to get us all killed with their immigration nonsense.

Caver 60 and Inyo Tim like this.
  20. jim goose

jim goose "The Goose"

Bingo. I’m not sure who I’d trust less serving alongside my son. A Saudi pilot? Or an Afghani soldier?

I’m sure there are some good ones out there, but we’re fooling ourselves if we’re giving them more than one bullet at a time. Lest alone training them to fly? Didn’t we learn that lesson already?

We’re not putting our soldiers first.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    motorcycleman and Inyo Tim like this.