Natural Stamped Longhorn IWB Review - By JoshK

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by crazypilot, Feb 8, 2010.

1. crazypilot

crazypilot ERAU Alumni '05

Well as some of you know, I was fortunate to win a holster made JoshK (GTer here). He is starting his own holster business, www.kolbesonleatherworks.com, and he gave one away for feedback/review/testing purposes. The holster he gave away is called Natural Stamped Longhorn IWB. It's made for the Glock 19/23/33. I will be carrying my G23 most of the time but I may use the G19 too.

I received the holster today and I soon as I opened the box, not only did I notice the quality of it, but I immediately noticed the smell of leather :supergrin:. The holster looks great and the stitching looks top notch. It's a thin holster which I believe will help with concealment, especially in the summer months. That is definitely a plus for me since the 100+ degree weather in Las Vegas prevents me from adding any layers of clothing.

I will continue to review this holster over the next few weeks so if you guys have any questions or would like to see more pics, feel free to ask. I will post pics of me actually wearing the holster soon. For now, enjoy these:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  2. JoshK

JoshK

thanks for testing it for me and giving me some feedback.... i appreciate it!

3. crazypilot

No, thank you for the opportunity and the holster.

4. crazypilot

Well I've been using this holster for the past few days and I find it to be pretty comfortable. I've been carrying my G23 at the 3 o'clock position since I'm use to drawing from that position all the time. Since the holster is thin (unlike Galco holsters), I do not print very much in a t-shirt. I sometimes even forget my gun is there. I really like it so far.

The only donwside that I've been able to find so far is that since the holster is thin, the holster will collapse on itself. It may require two handed reholstering but I've been able to do it with one hand. In my opinion, if you're drawing your firearm, there's not much of a need to quickly reholster a firearm.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. JoshK

JoshK

i've switched leathers to one that's only about 1/16" thicker overall, but adds a ton of strength to the mouth.... here's a pic of a jar that had 10lbs of change and sockets in it, plus my gun and mag on top, on the mouth of a holster with the newer leather....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

pilot.... let me know if you want me to swap that one out for a newer one.... i'd be more than happy too....

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  6. crazypilot

Now that is pretty good. Unless you really want me to exchange it, I think this one is fine. I don't want you to use up your material either.

I did use the holster all day today and noticed no problems except that I definitely need a new belt. The holster does a good job in distributing the weight of the Glock just fine.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  7. maynardwix

maynardwix Notre Dame Fan!

Great review crazypilot, I'm tagging this to check back and see how it is after wearing it for a couple months.

That is a great looking holster JoshK, I remember when you first came on and posted pics of your holsters. I wish you luck with your new business and it's nice to see you taking feedback from someone actually using it, looks like your really concerned about customer satisfaction. I'd love to support your new business, but I just don't have the money for a custom holster at this time, maybe some day, but I doubt you'll have any problems finding people that want your holsters here.

8. crazypilot

So far it's still pretty comfortable. No major issues to report off. One thing I wanted to bring up is that when I got out of the car, I noticed that the front belt loop had un-snapped from the holster. I did read on the website that the front belt loop is interchangeable (and JoshK offers the extra loops free). I think it's a neat feature. Therefore, before you get out of the car, just do a quick once over. It's only happened once so I don't see it as a major issue and at no time, did I loose control of firearm.

9. crazypilot

I've had no major problems with this holster up to this point. The holster has held up well and still looks new. Please feel free to ask me any questions you guys have.

10. crazypilot

To this date it has not happened again. I'll need to purchase one of his holster's for my HK P2000.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  11. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Sounds great! That picture of the weight on the holster is amazing.

12. RLB

RLB

Great review.
    Based on this review I plan on trying one of these since I have just received my permit to carry and decided my 23 will get the nod.
    Josh I sent you a pm on this.