close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Native sunglasses???????????

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by happy seal, Mar 7, 2012.

1. happy seal

happy seal

Anybody have any knowledge of this company or their products? I happened upon them today and am looking for a pair of shades. Anybody have any Sunglass Hut coupons?

Thanks Glockers! :wavey:

2. Uzi4U

Uzi4U NRA Life Member

My wife and I like our Native sunglasses. They have a good warranty.

3. JLB768

JLB768 Old & Grumpy Lifetime Member

Never heard of em, I ordered mine directly from Maui Jim.

4. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

I had a pair when I was in the Army and I really liked them.

:wavey:

5. eaglefrq

eaglefrq NRA Member

I have 2 pairs (Silencer). They are great sunglasses and have a no BS warranty. I had one pair for about 3 years when I was on visiting my sister. Her Lab thought they would make a great chew toy and destroyed them. I contacted Native and told them what happened. They said to fill out the online claim and I paid the $30 processing fee and mailed them the chewed up pieces. I had a brand new pair in less than 2 weeks.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  6. happy seal

happy seal

Thanks guys,

Maybee I'll try a pair of these instead of the Ray Bans I usually go for!

7. holesinpaper

holesinpaper

Most quality sunglasses are all made by the same company in Italy iirc, then badged for various companies.

All glasses should meet UV blocking standards.

So what's left? Price point, style, name brand. That determines price and value to the consumer.

8. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

I love my Oakley gas cans polarized, I'll never go back to cheap sun glasses, here in the sunshine state :cool:

9. mymini40

mymini40

Oakleys are in there with the best.

10. Foxtrotx1

Foxtrotx1

Native are good. I do things to mine that have wrecked the lenses on ray bans (not very scientific mind you) but they SEEM to be better quality.

11. happy seal

happy seal

between my wife and I we have been through at least tem pair of Ray Bans. They are all in the drawer broken. Ray Ban wont help us. Sick of it, MJ's are just expensive and so are Oakleys. You pay for the name! Except MJ maybee, I hear they do well with warranty issues!

12. Adams454

Adams454

I wore a pair of Natives a few years ago and liked them. I normally wear Oakleys or Ray Bans and they compare in quality. If you want them, they're yours. Free of charge. You just have to go find them in the bottom of the St. Marys river where a tree branch swiped them off the top of my head.

13. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Native sunglasses. Made with Maize since 984AD.

14. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

I have been kicking around the idea of getting a pair of Wayfarers this summer. I use my Wiley X all the time because of the impact and wind ratings on them, but I want something classic for the summer when bombing around in the jeep.

15. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Wayfarers should be called WEIGHfarers. I had a pair in the late 80's. Maybe they don't use glass anymore, but DANG those suckers were HEAVY. I found them last year and gave them to my 14 yr old. She thought they were cool. She can get nose-dents instead of me. :)

16. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

I have worn Natives exclusively for 7 years (well, I found a pair of Smiths in a parking lot the other day..). They are great glasses, the interchangeable lenses are great for shooting and safety glass use. The warranty is great (have used it twice). I have had a couple pair of Silencers and a pair of Bombers. Good glasses.

17. KiloBravo

KiloBravo NRA Life Member

They seem to be well made sunglasses, and it seems you will get a lot of "stuff" for the mid price level of shades.

That said, I have tried on multiple pairs of Native shades in the store and I could not find a single pair that fit my face correctly. They all either rubbed my eyelashes or just did not "feel" right. The only ones I had access to looking at all had completed frames around the lenses too. I personally prefer 1/2 or 1/4 frames on my glasses.

They might be bomb proof as well, but I could not find proof anywhere in the literature that I read about them that they are at least ANSI safety standard rated, and that is important to me. I have had my glasses save my eyes more than once from an impact.

I tried very hard to like them and find a paid that looked and felt right to me, but I could not. I am happy I did not order them online and find that out after I had already paid for them.

I bought a third pair of Oakleys instead. I know they work, and I knew that they always seem to fit me right.

Good luck in your search! :wavey:

18. VELO

VELO

Love my Wayfarers. But I like classic/retro things. Wayfarers, 501 button fly's, Chuck Taylors....

I have Oakleys and Maui Jim's too. There are times where wrap-around sport sunglasses just don't work. IMHO...most of the time.

To the OP: I've not owned a pair of Natives, but a couple of my golf buddies swear by them.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  19. Scared_of_zombies

Scared_of_zombies

I'll second (well third) that! Took a blast of brake cleaner with them on, didnt hurt em at all.

20. PlasticGuy

PlasticGuy

I have had a pair of Natives for about four years. Last year I bought a pair of Oakleys. While the Oakleys are a little nicer in terms of overall fit/finish, they were double the price for no improvement in protection or comfort. Next time I will probably buy another pair of Natives.