Glock Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What national organizations are supporting this bill? I know the NRA is but what other national organizations are supporting it? Are any other political groups supporting it? What about law enforcement organizations? I ask because it seems like none of the other organizations are even talking about this?

·
Some Dude
7,981 Posts
The biggest push is from the NRA. The GOA has been curiously non-committed.

:wavey:

red

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
The biggest push is from the NRA. The GOA has been curiously non-committed.

:wavey:

red
I hope I'm not being too judgemental, or pehaps even paranoid, but it seems to me that a lot of people and some pro-gun groups are pefectly content to sit on the sidelines and do nothing while the NRA and it's measly 4 million members pull the load for them.

In some cases, they even complain and criticize the NRA for attempting to pass legislation (H.R.822) that would benefit (in one way or another) every person in the U.S. that has a concealed carry license.

Opposition to to this legislation should be expected from anti-gun organizations but not from other pro-gun organizations and individuals.

The rationalization that this will give the federal more power over concealed carry laws, or encourage more anti-gun legislation doesn't hold water.

The NRA has successfully (with the help of many true friends) ushered this bill through the House.

The Democratic gun owners will now have the opportunity to see just how pro-gun the Senate Majority Leader (Harry Reid) really is.

It's also time for all pro-gun organizations to work together and encourage the Senate to pass this legislation and forward it to the White House.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
i hope i'm not being too judgemental, or pehaps even paranoid, but it seems to me that a lot of people and some pro-gun groups are pefectly content to sit on the sidelines and do nothing while the nra and it's measly 4 million members pull the load for them.

In some cases, they even complain and criticize the nra for attempting to pass legislation (h.r.822) that would benefit (in one way or another) every person in the u.s. That has a concealed carry license.

Opposition to to this legislation should be expected from anti-gun organizations but not from other pro-gun organizations and individuals.

The rationalization that this will give the federal more power over concealed carry laws, or encourage more anti-gun legislation doesn't hold water.

The nra has successfully (with the help of many true friends) ushered this bill through the house.

The democratic gun owners will now have the opportunity to see just how pro-gun the senate majority leader (harry reid) really is.

It's also time for all pro-gun organizations to work together and encourage the senate to pass this legislation and forward it to the white house.
+1!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.