close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nashua Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Jul 27, 2002.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

OK, folks, this is the first time GSSF has visited NH. Tell us about it.

2. on target

on target

Wow, just got back, 5 1/2 hours up from NJ and 4 1/2 back. Got there around 6:00 p.m. on Friday, couldn't find anyone for dinner so Russ and I went it alone.

Arrived about 8:45 this morning and very few shooters were there early, in fact this is the lightest attended match I have ever seen. Went to the ranges and was very surprised to see that the club built 3 of the ranges near the end of their 600 yard line from scratch, brandy new. Amazing to see they have the kind of recourses to do that just for this match. They had heavy equipment on site for a project but still neat to see new ranges built just for GSSF.

The RO's were new and we didn't get going till just before 10:00. The RO's couldn't have been nicer and we shot in an hour and a half, and were on the road by 11:45. Had a great time, weather was fine, cloudy but no rain. Russ had a 1:36 and I had a 1:24, nothing to brag about but expectable. Looking forward to L.I. next week.

3. G23CT

G23CT Miembro Señor

I was quite impressed by the range and the number of volunteers who turned out. Very well run as far as calling names, etc. Got a welcome at the gate and a printed map--nice. The custom-made ranges were a cool plus. Some parts went a little slow, though, as folks seemed to chat a little as they were checking targets, etc. Not really a complaint, but it was a bit slow. I was in around 10 and out around 1430.

Once I'd like to go to a GSSF match and not have an RO move the order around. This one RO pulled a couple of his non-RO friends' sheets from the bottom of the stack to shoot the plates right ahead of me. :( As they shot, the folks who were actually ahead of me (but had been elsewhere) started to file in. Oh well.

I have to miss LI (and I still don't believe it's legal for a non-NYS permit holder to transport to a non-NRA-sanctioned match) but I'll probably make Topton this year.

4. DannyR

Sounds like a good day for 2/3's of the Sidearmor Am/Civ Team. the other third plus our Stockmeister Team will be shooting today.:cool:

5. maxxx93

maxxx93

Well, seeing as it was my first GSSF shoot I have nothing to compare it to.

But, I can tell you this, I had a great time, it may have been my
    first, bit it won't be my last.

I wish they had a side shoot though, I think it might have helped loosen me up a little bit, I was kinda nervous on my first string, first time jitters, I guess.

I also wish I hadn't started on the plates.
    First string I left one standing, but then I settled down and didn't have any misses the rest of the day, I did have a couple of D's though, but seemed to get better whith each string, that was encouraging. :)

6. DannyR

OK, Max, the Long Island matchis just around the corner.:)

7. DaveR120

DaveR120

The plates I shot at must have had holes in them - I usually do best at those, but couldn't get in the groove this time. Maybe my home turf of Long Island will help next Sunday.

On the range part, I liked the newly build GSSF bunkers. I think it would have been better though to turn one of the three inot a plates section rather than two Five-to-Glock ranges, since while I was there the main wait was at the plates...

8. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

YOWZERS!!!!!!! What a great time I had at this match and trip! I laughed so hard and drank more Killians than I have had in a while (the night before)! Todd, Dan and Nathan are so FUN to hang around with... I am really glad we were able to get 'FOUR GOOF-OFFS in a TAURUS' for this one!;f;f;f;f

We arrived at the range (beautiful range BTW) around 8:45AM and figured we'd be the first in line.. nope! The line was all the way to the door in the clubhouse. Is NH the land of early risers as well as the "LIVE FREE OR DIE!" state? Tell you what, if I can find suitable employment... I'm there!

I met so many new and old faces at the match ... this was a great weekend. So many people were willing to 'pose' for my GlockTalk pictures... I'll be posting some of them soon.

Chris Edwards, GSSF Match Director was 'doing his thing' as usual. Bruce Wampler and Mark Doneburgh were in their usual places making sure shooters were taken care of with Mark giving his "YODA-ism" to all who were there to take lessons in Glock-a-magic.

The RO's were friendly and competent. Oh, one of the RO's was REALLY PRETTY too! She knows who she is, right Jana?

Larry the MASTER STACKER at the 5TG and GM bays is such a great guy... he cracked me up and set me smiling as soon as I got to his section of the range - set me up for a very relaxing shoot. Thanks for making my day Larry.

The Master Stacker at the Plate Rack was a really cool Dude... I didnt' get his name but you'll see him in the picture of the RO Crew that was taken at the plate rack.

All RO's I interfaced with were smiling and friendly... must be that "LIVE FREE or Die!" motto... ahhhh, some day, I'll smile and be friendly just like them!!

I got to spend time joking around my new, very good friend Al and his wife Kathie after the match. What a wonderful couple... did I mention they are as ZANY as I AM? Wow!

I just love going to GSSF matches... they are better than seeing an Austin Powers movie... does that tell you how FUN they are for me? "Yeah Baby!"

Regards,
    LoveGlocks
    64.06 (Unlimited/Master)
    71.95 (StockMeister)

9. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Check out the STRONG and CLASSIC Weaver used by Sommer Larson! Does this GSSF Shooter know how to present a Glock to the targets or what?

Sommer showed such presentation that the RO has his 'hands up' even though he was standing behind the Glock!:cool:;f

10. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

New GSSF Shooter Samantha Millet experiencing her first GSSF COF!

Check out Chris Edwards helping Samantha out... "Now Samantha, when I give you 'the signal', you can pick up that Glock on the table (the one that I'm pointing at) and take a sight picture if you so desire...";f;f (warning.. parody in effect...)

Notice that Samantha's trigger finger is right where it needs to be when not shooting!

11. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Wanna know what the "5-To-Glock" stage looks like at GSSF Nashua, NH 2002? Check it out!

12. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

I can not describe the look on junior Jaime Shaw's face when he shot his first pepper popper (Glock-M) under the supervision of GSSF Match Director Chris Edwards... it was the look of pure joy and "Live Free or Die!"

This young man is hooked on shooting sports forever and thanks to his Dad Randy for bringing him out and Chris for giving him an experience he'll never forget.

BTW, he was 3-for-3 shooting at the pepper poppers; not bad! Future GSSF Champion in the making here!

13. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

This Junior GSSF Shooter is Jeremiah Carlin, the grandson of my good friend Fran Carlin. He does take after his Grandpappy... they both can shoot Glocks well! The stylish RO is Jana!

14. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Why are the people in my pictures taken at GSSF matchs always smiling?? I'll give you one guess...

(It can't be that it's a fun place to be, can it?)

15. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Check out my good friend Al Schoenfeld attacking the Glock Plates! This guy is one heckuva nice person... and I met him at GSSF matches, just think if I didn't attend these matches... wow.

16. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

14 year old GSSF Junior shooter Willy Gribauskas is being mentored by his uncle Michael Chludenski. Michael shoots USPSA... see, smart USPSA shooters shoot GSSF matches to hone their skills!

Looks like Willy will be a future champion in either sport with his uncle's help. Remember the name Willy G.... you will hear it again...

17. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Check out what the Glock plates look like at Nashua 2002 and the FRIENDLY RO crew 'manning' the stage.

We look forward to seeing Match Director R. Westcott (second from right, next to Jana) at his Northeast Regional IDPA Championship in Dunbarton, NH in August. I'll be practicing 35 yard shots to prepare for that match!

This crew was efficient and did I say friendly?? Yes, FRIENDLY!

18. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Range Officer Jim Prendible (Mr. Deprendible) and unknown GSSF Shooter at the 5TG stage. Looks like ALOT OF A's have been shot so far!

Jim and his RO partner Bruce were EXCELLENT RO's ... full control but polite and helpful to the shooter. That's the way it should be.

Thanks Jim and Bruce!

19. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

GSSF Shooter Matthew (THE STATmeister) Fox attacking the 5TG Targets!

20. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Check out Todd (Mr. G26) Kelsey shooting his handy, dandy Glock 17 at the Glock-M targets! Todd had 'zero-down' on this COF at Nashua 2002.

Can you see the extracted brass in the air and Todd's Glock 17 muzzle is already in position to fire the next shot?