Nashua / Concord ?!?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by miniglock, Apr 4, 2005.

1. miniglock

miniglock

Gssf online state that the Pioneer Sportsman Match in Concord, NH has been cancelled...

Strange - as I seem to remember shooting the "Live Free or Die" Ballistic Challenge GSSF Match in Merrimack, NH for the past several years.

What gives? ;g

2. Krueshoot

Krueshoot

Last years match was held at Nashua Fish & Game in Merrimack, NH.
    For some reason they weren't able to host this years match. Pioneer Sportsmen Club in Dunbarton, NH had talked about running the match this coming year. For whatever reason it would seem that they or GSSF have decided not to hold the match this year. As I have stated elsewhere in Glocktalk it is my fondess hope that a group of clubs and/or people get together and insure that this the only match in NE dose not go away.

3. GJM89

GJM89

Jersey and New York are N.E., and there are three match's in those locations, for informational purposes only.:) :)

4. miniglock

miniglock

Thanks for the Nashua/Concord clarification.

Also, GJM89 - I think Krueshoot was referring to N.E. as New England, not Northeast. New England is made up of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts.

5. Kitestir

Kitestir

Great! This was the only match that was withing 2.5 hours from me. Now the next closest is 5.5 hours away! Just bought a house and can't afford overnights etc. Guess I will not be shooting any GSSF matches anymore! AWESOME>>>><><><><><><><><><>>><><<<<<><><

6. MAINEiac

MAINEiac

...and then, depression set in...

7. Krueshoot

Krueshoot

I would suggest that all who are disappointed in the cancellation of this match make their feelings known to GSSF and Pioneer Sportsmen. I know that my wife and I will be making our feelings known to the GSSF folks when we are at the match in Mesa, AZ. in the next couple of weeks.

8. mleeber

mleeber

I had a chance to speak to Chris at the match today about Concord, NH (one of the matches I like to attend). Chris inidicated that Pioneer Sportsman may be on next year's roster but that things just didn't work out this year.:(

9. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster G17 carrier since 1989 Millennium Member

I have a theory about why Pioneer dropped out - it is the same reason that they stopped doing "Steel Challenge" shoots several years ago. One of their shooters, a member of their board of directors, fragged himself in the arm bad enough to require emergency room treatment and the attending police report of a "gunshot wound." He was using .45ACP 230gr plated JHPs (!) on some steel.

I'll bet that their insurance doesn't cover competitions that use steel targets . . . . .

10. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Why would that be the reason when they have the option of an all Paper Match. Doesn't sound like the real reason to me.

11. Sons of Liberty

Sons of Liberty

Been a while since I've posted here...

:soap:

This is a long story. Please don't blame the Pioneer Sportsmen Club or GSSF for this, it is just unfortunate circumstances.

The match was to be moved from Nashua Fish & Game for political reasons... NFGA has been infiltrated with club leaders who do not look favorably on defensive pistol matches, even events as innocuous as the 3 GSSF stages. There are other issues there as well, all political. It is most unfortunate as gun owners have enough enemies without adding infighting to it. Typical gun club political B.S.

Anyway, I hope the match comes back next year to someplace in NH. More importantly, I hope to see all the people I met over the last 3 years at the "Live Free or Die" Ballistic Challenge. Many of you I consider friends.

12. mleeber

mleeber

Rumor has it that the pistol bays were bulldozed at Nashua Fish & Game and that it is all high powered rifle ranges now. Apparently some non-pistol speaking rifle folks were voted into power???

Good example of the importance of a vote for or against a canditate or candiates. I imagine there are many disappointed folks.

Too bad, it was a nice range....

13. Sons of Liberty

Sons of Liberty

Not quite true. The ranges used in the first GSSF match at NFGA were temporarily located on the 600 yd. range. These were never meant to be permanent.