Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I like to Carolina rig a Black or Watermelon seed Lizard on about a three foot leader. fish it deep on old road beads and where there is some deep cover like old fences ect. Use BIG weights 1/2 ounce at least and please no plastic beads use glass. :)

Also I like Spinnerbaits slow rolled accross the bottom or pulled near brush. :cool:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Depends on where I'm fishing, but Rapalas and Mepps have never failed for me.

·
Registered
783 Posts
berkley power bait, with cylinder shaped weights above them, sit out on my lake all day long cast out...let it fall down about 20 ft...sit there and jig it and real it in real real slow, large mouth tear the hell out of em

·
Registered
10 Posts
On one lake in N WI, I was trying everything NOT to catch them ... I wanted the supposed perch and bluegills instead. Started with crawlers ... caught a mess of largemouth. Then leeches ... caught a mess of largemouth. Then minnows ... caught a mess of largemouth. All the while, friends were using floating jigs with crawlers and leeches and they caught a mess of largemouth as well.

On another lake in MN, if they won't take the Bagley's, they'll take crawlers and vice versa.

·
I don't even know....what I'm doing here....
9,132 Posts
Texas riged worm or crawdad. Needs tons of patience, but results are great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nothing ike our big california bass hitting on soft plastic jerkbaits, fished wieghtless on a 3/0 gamagatsu g-lock (YES G-LOCK) worm hook. I love the heart stopping moment when a big one boils right under it;j ;j ;j

·
Modurbator
585 Posts
Originally posted by PACKIN' PLASTIC
Must be the soft plastic worm, I've got damn near 100LB of them.

PP
So would that make you Castin' Plastic?
Phishin' Plastic?
;g

·
Registered
195 Posts
it is definitely seasonal for me. early spring i use terminators and/or shad rap cranks. during bedding i use lizards, worms, brush hogs, etc. in a variety of colors. (pumpkinseed/chartruese, watermelon, etc.) summer, definitely topwater! i agree with KenS, there are few things as nice as an exploding fish on a spook, minnow popper, jitterbug, or frog. but you also can't forget the jerk worms either.

·
12,970 Posts
Fragmentation Grenade, Mk26. ;f

I've used a little of everything, but strangely the most single-successful bass lure I ever used was during the spawn, Texas summer, the "Lil' Shad" Wal-mart sells (like $1.50 for 3) the half-inch size or maybe three-quarter inch. They twitch and are small targets, so in the spawn they're dead meat. Friend of mine and myself caught about 20-25 bass in two hours. Granted most were a bit small and got tossed back, but it was still fun! They'd usually nail it about thirty seconds after it hit the water.

Crawdads on the bottom and "frogs" worked over grassbeds work well too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I like all plastics, crank baits, and top waters. The lure I have had repeated luck with is the spinner bait. I use the SB in all types of vegetation and all types of structure. Overall great workhorse.

·
Meat detective
961 Posts
My tackle box will clearly show that I don't have one favorite but my go-to rig would be a Texas rigged 6" Zoom lizard. I love fishing for largemouth bass.

I've only fished for smallies once but I'd do it again in a second! What fighters they are!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts