Glock Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I know I'm behind a million years but I haven't really been into doing all that until recently so to-night I colorfill one and just white make sure I like it but I use rubbing alcohol to clean off and it comes off but there is a residue left behind no matter what. Can I use a dremmel and a buffing wheel soft to get it off? Thx

· Director of civil unrest
15,138 Posts
Ok so I know I'm behind a million years but I haven't really been into doing all that until recently so to-night I colorfill one and just white make sure I like it but I use rubbing alcohol to clean off and it comes off but there is a residue left behind no matter what. Can I use a dremmel and a buffing wheel soft to get it off? Thx
You put the polish on, let it dry, mostly, then with a lightly soaked paper towel or cotton ball, wipe off the excess nail polish. If you're too aggressive with the wiping off and some of the polish pulls out of the engraving, put more polish on the whole thing paying extra attention to the light spots. NEVER take a Dremel to the finish on your GLOCK?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You put the polish on, let it dry, mostly, then with a lightly soaked paper towel or cotton ball, wipe off the excess nail polish. If you're too aggressive with the wiping off and some of the polish pulls out of the engraving, put more polish on the whole thing paying extra attention to the light spots. NEVER take a Dremel to the finish on your GLOCK?
Ok I did and it helped but still looks weird like a shadow. And ya I didn't thing dremell was a good idea but sometimes crazy stuff works haha I wouldn't do it though
Gadget Electronic device Musical instrument accessory Cable Electric blue

· Director of civil unrest
15,138 Posts
Ok I did and it helped but still looks weird like a shadow. And ya I didn't thing dremell was a good idea but sometimes crazy stuff works haha I wouldn't do it though View attachment 1078311
After it's totally dry, ie, you can't smell any more of the solvents in the polish, put some oil on the gun and 'viola, perfect!

And don't be shy about cleaning it up a bit. I agree, there's still some residue on the slide.

· Sinistram delenda est
511 Posts
Use alcohol initially to remove any oils, Follow with polish/lacquer. Once it dries, remove excess polish using a clean soft cloth with non acetone nail polish remover and very light strokes. Do not use acetone, it may mess up your finish.

Reactions: 'Ol Grandad
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.