close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NAIA "VIP" Arrival Passes?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by PMMA97, Feb 24, 2006.

1. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

BoGs

Any of you have any idea on how to get VIP passes for NAIA arrival? Because my in-laws, both senior citizens, would be coming home February 28th and I wanted to assist them in their baggages. Maski hanggang carousel lang. I appreciate any input. Thanks to the group.

2. badshot9mm

badshot9mm

bossing,
    sabi po kasi dati nung kamag-anak ko sa naia e kapag may darating na kamag-anak e you need toinform them at least a week in advance so they can make the necessary arrangements and paperworks. censya na po kung ito lang contribute ko...

3. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

I just called up NAIA PAO and they told me that either I get an endorsement from any government office or pay 800 pesos each at the Meet and Assist counter. :)

4. mbclubph

mbclubph GREEN MINDED

hi PMMA what airline sila?

5. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

The US carrier is North West but the connecting carrier from Japan is Japan Airlines #745

6. isuzu

isuzu

If you don't mind me asking, didn't your in-laws avail of an all Northwest flight from the US to Manila? The stopover is either in Narita or Nagoya (I LOVE the noodle house at the Northwest concourse in Narita), and you may or may not change planes for the flight to Manila. In that way, they won't have to move to another terminal (which is a hassle to me, especially if you're already tired).

Most Northwest flights arrive at around 10:00pm in Manila, so it's much cooler and the roads are not that congested anymore.

What we do is we maintain a SMART prepaid cellphone (GLOBE prepaid has lots of restrictions when it comes to roaming) and deactivate the roaming service by texting ROAM OFF to 333 as soon as we disembark from the airplane. Then we call the person who is picking us up. We find that very convenient.

We just have a reload code sent to our SMART prepaid sent from the Philippines once every two months. People from the Philippines could also text us for only P1.00.

Wishing your in-laws a safe trip and a fun-filled visit.:)

7. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

I think direct non-stop from US to Manila is only available at the West Coast. They will originate from ORD (Chicago). I'm making sure their stay would be as fun as they expect. Thanks isuzu. :)

8. casmot

casmot Re membered

Yes just write a letter to MIAA give the details (pax names, flight #, ETA)and explain the situation and pay the fees. The earlier the better. VIP assistance includes a visitor's pass to the VIP Room, passenger assistance at the Custom's Area and the use of the VIP Room. And a Welcome drink ;e (just kidding)

BTW, assistance at the Custom's Area does not mean the entry of contrabands ;f they could only expedite the process. Also, you can't personally help your pax with their baggages. There is a MIAA employee assigned for that.

Or you can just request for a visitor's pass to the lobby and pay no fees. Just inform your pax, beforehand (good idea of sir izusu), that when they get to the baggages claim area to wait for their baggages near the carousel operator and ask for their help in load the cart. Or they can ask the Airline representative for assistance. If I'm not mistaken, NW uses MIASCOR as their baggage handlers.

9. isuzu

isuzu

In 2003, we flew from Manila to Tennessee and back, taking this route:

Manila-Nagoya-Detroit-Nashville

Nashville-Minneapolis/St.Paul-LAX-Narita-Manila

You're correct. Flights originating from Chicago fly straight to Japan. I think the wait hours are quite long for a connecting flight from Japan to the Philippines on a flight originating from Chicago. Flights from the west coast have a two and a half hour wait in Japan before boarding a NW flight to Manila.

10. hnard

hnard

I just want to add that the roaming feature from SMART is a good thing to have, I bought like a $10 load (peso equivalent) before leaving Manila and used it here (So Cal) for 2 weeks. This is the first time I've availed of such service and it's a good thing I did.

11. alpha1g23

alpha1g23 diamondback

disregard my info take their words instead... good luck....

12. casmot

casmot Re membered

Hi alpha1g23 :)

Muhkang batang airport ka din, alam ang location ng passcor. ;f Pero, Dre, the airlines will not release the flight manifest until the plane lands for security reason. They will neither confirm or deny that the pax is on board. At the most they will only say the the pax has reservations for that flight.

13. alpha1g23

alpha1g23 diamondback

disregard my info take their words instead.... good luck

14. isuzu

isuzu

Ditto on that. Airlines just can't release the airline manifest to anybody and personal information of passengers due to security reasons (and the risk of being sued by the passenger if his or her personal information is released without his/her consent).

The declaration of State of National Emergency could affect the issuance of these passes.