Glock Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the Washington Post:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...al-for-2014-fatal-shooting-of-a-homeless-man/

Special prosecutor Randi McGinnn accused the officers of approaching the campsite with the intent of confronting the homeless man with a “paramilitary response” that created a dangerous situation. Lawyers for Sandy and Perez argued that Boyd put the officers in danger, and that their response was appropriate, the Associated Press reported.

The killing was captured on a police helmet camera. That recording, released by the Albuquerque Police Department, appears to show Boyd complying with police orders when he was shot. Officers fired several times at Boyd; he was shot once in the back.
Since when is pulling two knives and swinging them wildly at officers and a K9 "complying with police orders"? :headscratch:

· Helo bubba
120 Posts
What the hell is a "paramilitary response" anyway? How is it different than a "plain old police response"?

· Registered
3,425 Posts
What the hell is a "paramilitary response" anyway? How is it different than a "plain old police response"?
Sir Robert Peel called the police a "pseudo-military" organization, when he created what is recognized as the 1st professional police force.

So, any response be a pseudo-military force, is a pseudo-military response.

Pseudo-military - meaning ranks, uniforms, command hierarchy, etc.

· Florist
23,401 Posts
Since when is pulling two knives and swinging them wildly at officers and a K9 "complying with police orders"? :headscratch:
Since Obama time!

· You local friendly Skynet dealer
13,968 Posts
I sympathize with the LEO's, but 4 HOURS! This should never have gone on that long.

3,316 Posts

· Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

· Registered
15,955 Posts
That aside, pulling knives on officers is not compliance. Nor is arguing with cops for 3.5hrs.
It was the last big drama of his life. Dealing with mentally disturbed is a daily task for the APD. I think the officers did as they were trained to do, the trial will not end in conviction, but I imagine it will end in changes...........more big dramas for the APD.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts