Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

So I've got about a thousand square feet of white concrete under a roof for a patio. Lately, I've gotten these little black spots (from penny size to coffee mug size) in various areas. No big deal.....except I clean them off (the spots go away) and while the concrete looks good for a couple days, the same spots come back. When I say "same" I don't mean similar spots, I mean the same exact spots come back. So what be the deal? Some kind of ninja mold? If it helps, the concrete was sealed about two years ago.

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Try this for starters: "Save" one of them that is located in a more discreet location by letting it grow, or whatever it is that they are doing, Measure the spot and see if it spreads beyond a certain point. Leave it for as long as you can stand it, then look at it closely under a magnifying glass. That way you might discover what exactly your dealing with and better find a treatment to prevent others from popping up.

Oh... and have the number for the CDC on speed-dial.

·
NOT MOD APPROVED
8,680 Posts
Sounds like you have a mold/mildew problem.

·
↓ hog hunter ↓
9,402 Posts
If they go away when you clean, it sounds like the problem may be with the sealer rather than the concrete underneath.

No help on what causes them or how to permanently rid them.

·
10mm Auto
1,766 Posts
I suppose you need a flamethrower asap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts