close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mystery creature on Hunting net.com

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Dogbite, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Dogbite

Dogbite DNT TREAD ON ME

I read a very strange article on hunting net.com about a creature lurking in someones yard--they have 3 pics of the strange beast.It looks something like a coyote and african dog type mix.Check it out--its interesting. Sorry i did not link it.Also check out the moose vs.car article--amazing!

2. TScottW99

TScottW99 NRA Life Member

Is this the creature your talking about....

[​IMG]

If it is, it's now dead... Article

Curious as to what it really is.

3. TScottW99

TScottW99 NRA Life Member

OOPS

Just went to http://www.huntingnet.com and see it's a differn't strange creature. Just heard of a snow leapord that is on the loose in KY. And who says you don't need to carry a "bear" gun in the woods ;P ;f

4. mpol777

mpol777 Feral Member

My is guess is a coydog with mange. It's head isn't coyote shaped, so that's why I'm thinking coydog. I've shot a couple coyotes that had mange and they were quite crazy looking. It's a much easier to buy explanation than an African hyena running around or even a mix of one. But you never know...

Speaking of hyena I met a guy at a conference that has hunted them over in Africa. Says they are the meanest, nastiest, toughest, canine you can imagine and then some. Not sure if I'd be all that comfortable blowing on a mouth call in Africa. ;f

5. TexAg

TexAg

I agree, coydog or just some ferrel dog with mange, or it bred with some wierd short hair dog. I've seen some pretty strange looking dogs running around. Not exactly a "mystery" animal.

6. Dogbite

Dogbite DNT TREAD ON ME

Yeah,the dead animal in your pics is a different animal than on Hunting Net.com.The pics on Hunting Net.com are of a live animal--i think there are 3 shots of it.It could be just a coydog,or an exotic pet that got away from a household or something,either way i love stuff like this.I guess i just love to ponder things of this nature--animals out of the ordinary and such.You just never know what could be lurking in the woods,avioding people.I live in a well populated area--metro atlanta.In the 13 years i have lived here there have been 2 different stories on the news of big cats roaming into peoples yards and sightings across roads.These are real situations--people have shown video proof on one of them,and DNR tracked one large cat to an area 20 min from my house.Usually its on the news a couple nights,then you never hear about it again.These things happen more and more as people buy exotic pets,then freak out later when they get to large/hard to handle,and let them loose in the woods.I have met 2 people in my travels that have owned big cats as pets--one is a cougar,the other was my buddy--20 years ago he owned an african lion.It had no teeth,but did put the hurt on some people.Finally he came to his senses and got rid of it.