61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Reactions: railfancwb

·
Custom Title Goes Here
1,480 Posts
Have the tools. Need some parts.. dont want to put 2 grand into a 2 thousand dollar car.
I was just making a little joke. No harm, no foul, and totally understandable about not wanting to spend more than the car is worth!

Call 1-800-KarsforKids and tell them you would like to donate a car.
Brilliant!

·
Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner
14,544 Posts
it's DA MAN........man

Reactions: Out West

·
1911 lover
10,144 Posts
My 02 mercury grand marquis was my moms till she passed. Few miles on it. Now 104 k miles.. has new tires and brakes and some front end parts .

Now needs full exhaust... new air cond compressor. New shocks. Water pump. Think its worth 2 grand. Great engine and trans. And new tires n brakes.

Just dont want to put 1500 to 2000 into a car with rust and no real value.

So shopping for something i like thats comfy for an older big guy. Prefer to spend 6000 to 10000 dollars. Or so.

I put about 2500 dollars in it in the last year or so / 5000 miles.

Dont want to keep making mistakes. Of course the repairs were all one at a time.. if it had 2500 dollars in repairs last year I would have not fixed it then.

·
Just lack finishing up
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
UPDATE: tonight at about 7:45 tonight I heard something going on with the Merc. Went outside and found a half dozen people and a pick up truck hovering around the car. I asked if they knew the owner. They said yeah, it belonged to them and had broken down a few days ago. They planned to pull it with the pick up. Never mind its been there for about a month. But the one young guy that seemed to be the lead dog did make eye contact and called me "sir". Sure enough they hauled it off.

I'm happy they got their car back and I don't have to look at any more.

·
Friends Call Me "Flash"
4,317 Posts
When I lived in Tulsa, a neighbor mentioned that a black Ford Pickup was parked in my front yard every night and it always left before sunup. Turned out that Bill, a married guy that I worked with, was dumped by his wife who said: "I'm 40 years old and I'm not growing old with YOU!" He had nowhere else to go!

I had a little house then, and if he asked, I would have given him shelter for a while. That's the way he chose to handle it.

Flash

61 - 74 of 74 Posts