GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
A friend in Philly had a pickup truck on the street directly in front of her business that didn't budge for a couple of weeks. She phoned the police who said they were not interested in parked vehicles, but they were interested in derelict vehicles, like those with a couple of flat tires. Maybe someone loosened the valve cores on the street side tires to flatten them. A couple of days later, the truck was gone. :headscratch:

·
Registered
18,179 Posts
I went on a bender and now I can't find my 99 Mercury Marquis...

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
I would just leave it where it is and use it for hookups in the back seat. :dancing:

/
You want to hook-up with a gal who'll get in the back seat of '99 Marqui???

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
In college I had the same situation. A busted up piece of junk car on flat tires taking up the prime parking spot in front of my apartment for months without moving. One night , fueled on alcohol , and a few friends , one says let’s move the car. Ok. Let’s do this. Ten guys picked up the 1980’s Kia and literally tossed it into the bushes across the parking lot! Finally! Got my prime parking spot back! A tow company towed it out of the bushes within 24 hours and never saw the car again.

As for your abandoned car, let the air out of the tires at 2am (doesn’t damage anything , not a crime), so it looks like a LONG time abandoned car. Have the city tow it away. Or private tow company.

Worst case, have some buddies over, drag it into the road to be an obstruction , and the police will have to tow it away then.

I can absolutely guarantee that I would not let some random car sit abandoned for weeks/months outside my house. That’s a problem and I solve problems. Sometimes you have to think outside the box.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Go to the DMV and tell them you want to get an abandoned car title. Usually you have to contact the current owner so they dmv should silly you with that info. You can atleast try to get in touch with than and get it moved or get the title and make $100 on scrap.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
I went on a bender and now I can't find my 99 Mercury Marquis...
Hey flyover, change your password. I think Von Hayes got in.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
drag it into the middle of the road and blocking traffic . They will probably tow it then

Reactions: treg

·
Sarcasm Inc.
15,092 Posts
Siphon all the gas out, search car for valuables. Place ad on craigslist for sale parts car no title $50 with the address posted in the ad

·
1911 lover
10,134 Posts
I need 2 of the fake wire wheels. Please take them off the car by removing the centercaps. Then a bolt. I would love them.

·
Registered
8,507 Posts
Betcha it's broke and the owner's broke. Used to see these kinda-sorta abandoned cars in big parking lots. We'd tow after a month and occasionally get an irate owner complain.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts