GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Just lack finishing up
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About three weeks ago a 1999 Mercury Marquis gets parked in front of my house. After it doesn't move for a week I ask my neighbors if the car belongs to them. Nope. After two weeks I call City Code Enforcement. They tell me to call the police since the car is parked on the street. I call the police, make the report and never hear back. Three weeks now the hasn't moved.

I suspect that there isn't anything I can do about it. After all it is legal to park in the street. But, I'd sure like to get it gone.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
About three weeks ago a 1999 Mercury Marquis gets parked in front of my house. After it doesn't move for a week I ask my neighbors if the car belongs to them. Nope. After two weeks I call City Code Enforcement. They tell me to call the police since the car is parked on the street. I call the police, make the report and never hear back. Three weeks now the hasn't moved.

I suspect that there isn't anything I can do about it. After all it is legal to park in the street. But, I'd sure like to get it gone.

Any ideas?
Notice any swarm of blow flys on the trunk????

·
Garbage Day!
9,395 Posts
Put a sign on it that says "Free! Inquire within for a coat-hanger and to borrow a pair of wire-stripping pliers!"

·
Ornery & Irreverent
11,022 Posts
Look up stolen car sub-department of local PD or Sheriff Ofc., call and inquire?

Reactions: mj9mm and Trebore

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Call back the police non-emergency line and see if they can tell if it's been reported stolen.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Did you give police the license number? Could be stolen just to use for immediate transportation or joyride and abandoned.

Maybe it will match up with report of stolen vehicle, unless the owner was happy it was gone

·
Registered
14,393 Posts
I saw one for free on Craigslist, no title or keys.....abandon in front of my house

Made me laugh, and wonder if it belonged to his nieghbor

·
JAFO
13,666 Posts
1 - 20 of 74 Posts