Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, after 4 days of being bunkered in (we live in N. TX) we decided to brave to weather and leave the house yesterday. To my great suprise, my wife recomended we go to a range.

Some background, she shot my Sig Pro maybe 2-3 times over 5 years ago, and then kids came along and due to breastfeeding she did not want to shoot (lead).

So, all the guns she shot were the first time for her, my Glock 19, Dan Wesson CBOB in 45ACP, and Ruger LCP.

Lets start with the LCP. 6 rounds and she hated it, that was it.

Then G19, she did very well. In fact the reason why I am posting about this is becuase I am so proud and impressed with her shooting.

Short video: (yeah a few flyers, but all 6 rounds on the paper, and pay special attention to the third round! 25')

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV4RaJ-Lzso

Then we moved up to the CBOB, also 25'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIZJjemVScM

As you can see from my comments, I was beyond impressed with her accuracy, and the grip. She said that she liked shooting the Glock better, but looking at her targets, she was better with the CBOB. She said that Glock had better sights (OEM nite sight front, and bucket rear - with laserlyte , not used), as the CBOB has the factory, very small nite sites (green front, yellow rear). I agree that CBOB sights are very hard to pick up. I should really upgrade both sites to FO red front.

Glock ran like a champ (as expected), and CBOB did have one FTF towards the end of the 100 rds. (I hope that the mag was the issue, as I have had several FTFs in about 500 rds with the thing. Aparently Dan Wesson's magazines have a bad rap).

Anyways, very good time at a range and looking forward to more. I hope she even joins me at local matches, but what am I going to do if she is better then me :) Be very proud of her, that is what I'll do!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Cool videos and nice shooting! Thats a long time to go without shooting but for a good reason.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Glad you got to the range, which one is it? It looks nice. I shoot at several indoor ranges but haven't been for awhile. That's why I was wondering where yours was located. I am going to try to get out of this house today but have a workman coming over this morning (supposedly). I have an outside pipe issue but it's in a wall that is "mirrored" so I have to have the mirror removed so the plumber can cut into the wall. Compliments of the little storm we just had!!!!

The videos were great. Oh.......you might want to edit your post to make it 25' rather than 25" :whistling:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QB, thanks for catching that. Fixed!

the range was at the Bass Pro shop in Grapevine.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Long heavy DAO, size, lack of sights, my fault for not zeroing the laser better. Just not a beginers gun. Its good for what its made for though. I have it my sweatpants right now, even though i dont enjoy shooting it either.

·
No Fate
110 Posts
Long heavy DAO, size, lack of sights, my fault for not zeroing the laser better. Just not a beginers gun. Its good for what its made for though. I have it my sweatpants right now, even though i dont enjoy shooting it either.
I'm not a fan of the trigger pull myself, but your correct, it serves its purpose. :wavey:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
That's awesome. I'm going to try to get out to the range today myself. She is a pretty good shooter. She has really steady hands for a woman. I like the pink fingernails. Lol.

·
WWJGD
672 Posts
Looked like her support hand grip changed on the last couple of shots. If that was the two below the target, that might explain it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alba666 you are probably right. I noticed that she readjusted her support hand too often, but i let that go. I did not want to overwhelm her with too many instructions, corrections information. I only told her about grip and to focus on that front sight. I wanted her to have fun , and not listen to my lectures. Next time..

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
You should be glad that your wife will share in your interest. My wife first shot with me 20 or so years ago and was a natural with a handgun. Now she's just not interested in shooting anything but a shotgun at a flying clay pigeon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts