close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My wife wants to get rid of our GSD rescue. Need some input please.

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by w30olds, Sep 27, 2006.

1. w30olds

w30olds Magpul whore

We rescued Heidi about 3 months ago. She's been abused and is very timid. This evening my wife was trying to put her on a leash to take her out. Heidi took off running and trying to get away from her. She urinated on her and ran upstairs under the bed. My wife tried to get her and Heidi bit her. Didn't draw blood, but still that is not good behavior. We've tried most everything to make her feel like a family member. When we try to pet her she runs, or shys away from us. She will not let you touch her and will not come to you. After this incident my wife wants her gone. I share some of the frustration as well. She still goes to the bathroom in the house. We've tried many methods to house train her and have had no success. We keep her crated to try and teach her to go outside and have had no success. She bit my 2 year old neese last week for no reason. She shows aggression towards children.

So I need to ask those here what is you advice? We've basically given up hope on her. She obviously has some sort of mental issues that are out of our control. We just don't know how she will act anymore. We've decided to maybe give her away or adopt her out. At this point we are at the end of the line. We've tried to be loving parents and have had nothing but issues. Maybe we got a bad one of the breed. I really love GSD's and would love to have one, but in this case she's not the one. We were thinking of getting a pup and raising it. Maybe that way we can have a better chance of having a proper GSD.

What do you guys think would be the best action?

Thanks,
    Andy & Rachael

2. leadbutt

leadbutt

COntact your local rescue group and explain the problem and see if they will take her off your hands..