Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife makes fun of my wonderful feats of engineering. She calls me a *******. However, I consider myself resourceful. I use what I have to accomplish what I need accomplished. For example:

Problem #1: Where I am in school, money is tight right now. When I had a good job I bought an ATV. Naturally, I don't want said ATV to be left out in the rain/snow. I needed a place to store it, but couldn't afford a storage building.

Problem #2: My 8ft bed pickup had a nice fiberglass camper top on it when I bought it. I needed an open truck bed, but didn't want to get rid of the topper for the times I need it. I had no place to store such a large camper top.

Solution:

This is behind the house where noone sees it. Yes, I will eventually build a shed when I have extra money. My wife made fun of me and called me a *******. I feel that I combined two problems to make one temporary viable solution. To me this is resourceful (and free). Laugh if you want, but my ATV is out of the weather, and my truck topper is stored, without uselessly wasting space in my yard... :tongueout:

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Resourceful as it may be, it's still looks like it was built at 3 am with a couple flood lights:whistling:

Should put some corrugated tin siding around the bottom, ya' know, to keep the wind from blowin stuff on the quad and inside your camper shell.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Resourceful as it may be, it's still looks like it was built at 3 am with a couple flood lights:whistling:

Should put some corrugated tin siding around the bottom, ya' know, to keep the wind from blowin stuff on the quad and inside your camper shell.
good idea, I do have some old tin roofing up by the barn....:whistling:

·
↓ hog hunter ↓
9,402 Posts
Damn dude, how short are you ********? A rope pull? That thing is only a few feet off the ground.

j/k :wavey:

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn dude, how short are you ********? A rope pull? That thing is only a few feet off the ground.

j/k :wavey:
haha. It is very low. I grab the rack and pull the ATV out. I push the atv in. I am 6'6"... :tongueout:

·
Banned
5,143 Posts
Don't fool yourself. You're a *******!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
My wife calls me a ******* all the time, I just thank her for the compliment :supergrin:

·
Registered
3,959 Posts

Are you kidding? That is awesome. That's a lot better than any crappy shed you could throw up, at least not without dropping some coin into the project.

I agree, a little tin around the border and you got yourself an ATV palace.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
You have a barn and you built a tweeker shed for your quad, and leave your camper outside?
what do you propose I do with the horses, chickens, and tractor? And, the camper belongs to my in-laws.

·
Banned
747 Posts
Point out to her that, if you were really a *******, the ATV would be up on blocks :tongueout:

·
Registered
20,891 Posts
I like it. As a kid I would have spent hours under that thing with my best buddy discussing our next big adventures.

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
Yup, you are definitely a *******. But heck, ******** get things done.

And always remember; there is a big difference between a true and respectable ******* and that horrible creature many people mistake for a *******...the North American free range Bubba. Where I come from a "Bubba" is an interbred, uneducated, drug addicted piece of white trash trying to masquerade as a ******* by giving themselves ******* names and wearing ******* clothing. The big differences is they do not work and spend all their time seeking a drug score and feeling up their cousins.

If you were a Bubba you would have attached the topper to your rented single wide so you could have an extra bedroom for your girlfriends oldest four children she had by her last three boyfriends and traded the ATV for a bottle of oxy.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Yup, you are definitely a *******. But heck, ******** get things done.

And always remember; there is a big difference between a true and respectable ******* and that horrible creature many people mistake for a *******...the North American free range Bubba. Where I come from a "Bubba" is an interbred, uneducated, drug addicted piece of white trash trying to masquerade as a ******* by giving themselves ******* names and wearing ******* clothing. The big differences is they do not work and spend all their time seeking a drug score and feeling up their cousins.

If you were a Bubba you would have attached the topper to your rented single wide so you could have an extra bedroom for your girlfriends oldest four children she had be her last three boyfriends and traded the ATV for a bottle of oxy.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I guess I could move the atv out and start a small meth lab in there..

·
Tank44
593 Posts
I'm with your wife on this one, you're probably a *******. But so what. There is nothing wrong with being a *******!

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I guess I could move the atv out and start a small meth lab in there..
Then I would still suspect you are just a *******. Bubbas don't have that kind of ingenuity or strong work ethic. :supergrin:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts