Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been selling off most of my "off brand" handguns, and buying a few really nice Smith & Wesson's. You've been bored recently as I've been posting pictures of them, I know.

Well, yesterday we were in our favorite checkbook balance reduction facility (gun store) to get a CAN OF GUNSCRUBBER...get it. Just a can of Gunscrubber.

My wife...looks in the back of the "collector case" (my term) and says "Have you seen this one?" with her usual innocent look.

"This one" is a near pristine, 1955/56, M&P with a 2" barrel, diamond magna grips, instruction paper, and the gold box, s/ned to the gun. I mean the gun bairly has a turn line, and NO holster wear. It is as close to new/unfired as I have personally ever seen.

They want too much for it. It's a 2" barrel and I don't like 2" barrels...the tools are missing...Ok, today is Friday...not a good day to buy a gun.

My wife looks over her glasses and mutters "BS" or something like it. "You know you want it. Put it on layaway." See...it's HER fault.

Crappy cell phone picture.

Yes, I paid too much for it, we won't talk about how much, but they only had one, and if I didn't want it, the guy behind me did.

·
FL Glocker #182
1,160 Posts
You had no option. You had to buy it. Not only did the guy behind you in line want it, there were three other S&W collectors in the store who were willing to pay double what you did. This made what you paid a steal!
PS- please have your wife call mine and give her some tips.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Wonderful to be encouraged like that. Yesterday at the store my girlfriend very much wanted to buy me a SOG machete or tomahawk because she thought they were awesome.

Doesn't quite compare, but cool girls rock.

·
Descent Terminated
33,973 Posts
2" barrels are real easy to shoot after you add a Crimson Trace laser .......:tempted:

·
Lean & Mean
16,459 Posts
Tasty, little find. Well, good for You and good for You on both accounts :supergrin:

·
Registered
24,236 Posts
In 1991 my wife said, "It's those damn guns or me".
Today I'm divorced with a house full of guns.

She couldn't have made a better decision.
I frequently remind her of it too.

Don't you just love supportive wives? :iloveyou:

·
Gubmint Worker
1,175 Posts
As long as we have the appropriate funds and she is able to get something for herself occasionally my wife will agree and downright encourage me to buy and and all guns I want.

·
GTDS Member #49
10,103 Posts
My ex wife would encourage me like that. I would find myself buying something I was only vaguely interested in. Then later I would get nailed with, "Well you bought a ......" Then she gets some expensive, useless item.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.