close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My wife got bit today

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by BlueEyeDevil, Jun 21, 2006.

1. BlueEyeDevil

BlueEyeDevil

Okay, My wife was looking at the home being built next door. When she heard something out side she thought our little dog might have gotten out and followed her. Instead our neighbors dog had broken its cable and was loose under the new construction home's carport in between us. As she opened the back door to see the dog bit my wife on her leg,not a terrible bite but still a bite. The teeth all scratched her leg, while one of the teeth punctured the skin a little. She then slammed the door on the dog. The dog then attempted to flank her on the side of the house, but did not follow her. My wife was able to make it home with no further problems.

The dog is a Blue Lacy http://ourworld.cs.com/bluelacydogs/myhomepage/business.html

The big question is how to handle it with our neighbor. We now each other and are courtious and borrow stuff from one another. the owner did not seem to to be too upset by the bite and never apologized to my wife. They has 4 dogs has said he was going ot build a fence 3 years ago. He has also had this dog try to bite his brother in law, break its lead at a visitor in there driveway, and snapped at my Uncle. So do I wait till the hsuband is home to talk to hi or do I just make a report.

There is going to be a single mother moving in the home next to us and she has a small boy so that is also in the back of my mind as well as the other small children in the neighborhood.

What would you do?

2. HarlDane

HarlDane

Just to clarify, this was on the property of a third party, correct?

3. Dandapani

Dandapani

Break the skin? Call Animal Control.

4. BlueEyeDevil

BlueEyeDevil

correct it happend on a new house construction in between our properties.

Well I let it slide my neighbor said he was geting his bonus soon and would be putting up a fence. In the meantime he said he will put in a heavy duty lead and stake to hold him in. If if ever happens again it will be a dead dog, as it will be going to the animal control.

5. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Good call.

I just hope there is no next time. Bad owners suck.

6. BlueEyeDevil

BlueEyeDevil

Go figure.

The dog got out again a day or so ago, and tried to attack the to-be home owner of the house next to me that is under construction. My wife happend to be out sweeping up some grass clippings at the time and chased it away with the broom. Well the new neighbor went ahead and called the local sheriff and they came out and allowed the womean to get back out of the car on her own properity. Because we are outside of city limits animal control will not do anything for us. So the sheriff said it msut be taken to court to have them do something with the dog.

7. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

In that case, I'd just rope him and take him to Animal Control myself.

Got a pickup and a rope or access to same, don'cha?

Just imagine how you'll feel once a little kid loses her face to this creep's "pet".

Knowing you could have prevented it. You seem pretty sure that's an eventuality, and I tend to agree.

Besides, the pooch may get a 'new leash on life' this way...and you already know there'll be nothing but more of the same where it is right now.

Your call...but I know what I'd do.

My civic duty.

8. BlueEyeDevil

BlueEyeDevil

well it has also tried to bite another person working on the house since my last post. The owners are trying to find it a new home, in the meantime they have it locked up in there storage room during the day, and on a lead a night when they are home.

So if anyone is in the greater Baton Rouge area and wants a cute blue dog that bites come get it. It's a Blue Lacy with papers, uncut male, they paid $600 for it, and I think it is free now.