Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
NRA Endowment
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Great Pyrenees, Misty, finally could no longer fight the osteo-sarcoma. She gave us almost 12 wonderful years. Here's to Misty! Rest in Peace.

·
Jason
325 Posts
Sorry to hear about Misty.
My Prayers are with you for your loss.
John

·
NRA Endowment
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She did her job for years, great guard dog. You know how it is like one of the family. It doesn't get any easier, makes me wonder why we keep getting dogs, but I already know why. They just don't live long enough. Thanks for the support everyone.

·
ComfortablyNumb
5,257 Posts
Originally posted by Rylos1
She did her job for years, great guard dog. You know how it is like one of the family. It doesn't get any easier, makes me wonder why we keep getting dogs, but I already know why. They just don't live long enough. Thanks for the support everyone.
pretty pup. every time i read one of these threads i feel terrible for the poster...but would you trade your 12 years for your (comparably) brief moments of grief?

i know i wouldn't.

RIP Misty, i'm sure you were well loved and a great puppy :angel:

·
♥Meezers♥
6,738 Posts
Rylos.............

My thoughts and prayers are with you tonight in the loss of your girl. What a pretty lady she was!! wow!!

I hope you entertain the thought of getting another, not to replace, but to compliment her. You won't be sorry and you will once be smiling again.

·
NRA Endowment
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you everyone. We also had to put our Norwegian Elkhound down in December, so it's been a rough couple of months. This still leaves us with our three year old Siberian Husky. We were talking to a friend yesterday and they had heard of a place that had Great Pyrenees puppies for sale. We wnt there yesterday and could not resist, so we now also have a male Pyr pup. Just hving a puppy again puts a smile on my wifes face again. Atl Peach Girl, I think that you were writing your response as we were getting the puppy. I'll post pictures in a new happier thread.

·
♥Meezers♥
6,738 Posts
Originally posted by Rylos1
Thank you everyone. We also had to put our Norwegian Elkhound down in December, so it's been a rough couple of months. This still leaves us with our three year old Siberian Husky. We were talking to a friend yesterday and they had heard of a place that had Great Pyrenees puppies for sale. We wnt there yesterday and could not resist, so we now also have a male Pyr pup. Just hving a puppy again puts a smile on my wifes face again. Atl Peach Girl, I think that you were writing your response as we were getting the puppy. I'll post pictures in a new happier thread.
that is such excellent news!! You know, it was 2 weeks after I lost my beloved 2 year old siamese to fatal heart problems that I got another cat, and the only reason it was 2 weeks was because I was headed out west and wanted to wait till I got home to spend time with the new feline.......

I tell all my friends who have lost a dog or cat to get another ASAP because it just is not healthy to be sitting at home in an empty house feeling all sad.....I tell you, that final trip home from the vet was AGONY for me.......and then each time for those 2 weeks that I had to go home to an empty house I just sat in silence and cried so many times. It was not until I brought Max home that I started to smile again.......

I think that so many people think theu are betraying their lost pet, but I can assure you that the departed pet does not feel that way. not at all.

Homes without a pet just are so lonely.........

I think we all look forward to seeing pics of your new baby Rylos!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts