Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been shooting an Open Gen3 Glock 34 for a number of years.

Moved from TX to Florida and the group I’ve fallen in with is mostly running Carry Optic.

I built this to my own preferences.

Gen5 Glock 34 (9mm)- the gen5 is lefty friendly and has a small (but important) magwell built in & factory front serrations.

On top is a Trijicon SRO with 5MOA dot. Sitting on a C&H Precision adaptor plate- which is pricy but far superior to the factory glock mounting kit. I also dropped a set of Trijicon irons I had on there. Sometimes they can help find the dot a fraction of a second faster - but I will not use them for shooting & not planning on spending $ on co-witness sights because this is purely a competition gun- equipment breaks & get another gun & a re-shoot.

I took the gun across Florida to the best Glock Trigger guy in the Business. I brought my old open gun and he made this trigger even sharper than that one. So Johnny Glock race trigger & I am looking forward to really dialing it in over time.

Last I sent the frame back to Dallas to my favorite gunsmith- Triarc Systems. They worked the frame over made a few adjustments and coated the grip with Silicon Carbide- its like grabbing really aggressive sandpaper & it is awesome.

The good news is I don’t need a new rig, all my old mags work & the learning curve should be short as I was already running a Gen3 Glock 34 in Open.

As soon as I get into a few matches with it I’ll share an update.

·
Registered
7,504 Posts
NO, no re-shoot for a broken gun.

5.7.4 In the event that a handgun malfunction cannot be corrected by the
competitor within 2 minutes, he must point the handgun safely downrange
and advise the Range Officer, who will terminate the course of
fire (excluding any un-attempted component strings in a Standard
Exercise) in the normal manner. The course of fire (excluding any unattempted
component strings in a Standard Exercise) will be scored as
shot including all applicable misses and penalties.

·
Registered
7,504 Posts
And

5.7.6 Where the firearm has failed after the Start signal, the competitor must not be permitted to re-shoot the course of fire or string. This includes the instance where a firearm is declared un-serviceable or unsafe during a course of fire or string. However, any un-attempted component strings in a Standard Exercise may still be attempted by the affected competitor after the firearm has been repaired, and prior to when match results are declared final by the Match Director.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Job well done!

And

5.7.6 Where the firearm has failed after the Start signal, the competitor must not be permitted to re-shoot the course of fire or string. This includes the instance where a firearm is declared un-serviceable or unsafe during a course of fire or string. However, any un-attempted component strings in a Standard Exercise may still be attempted by the affected competitor after the firearm has been repaired, and prior to when match results are declared final by the Match Director.

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
Frostproof would be at top of my list is where to shoot was my consideration.

·
NRA Life Member
30,640 Posts
From his user name I am going to guess around Titusville somewhere. They do USPSA there and Orlando and Deland all within an hour of Titusville.

Frostproof would be good too as Ed says, but a bit too far for me.

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
Really Pensacola would be my top pick because a few more miles and I'd be in Alabama. Pensacola isn't bad and has couple ranges.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where in Florida? We have been looking at moving but available uspsa clubs is on top of my list
Im probably not the best person to ask about Florida as I’ve only been here since January. Im in the Orlando area and there are good jobs & lots of good shooting within 60-90 minutes of Orlando. South Florida also seems to have a strong shooting scene with Homestead being real popular.

I think (although biased) DFW, TX (area 4) probably has the best/most options as far as pure shooting near a major metropolitan area goes. You literally could shoot matches 3-4 days a week within an hour of anywhere in DFW.

Orlando- I have to plan it out and be more deliberate-but there is good shooting. The USPSA app is actually pretty good at steering you toward local matches if you want to throw a dart.

If there is some shooting going on near Orlando & you want to check it out for a wknd, shoot me a PM- I’ll give you a place to crash for the weekend and access to my Dillon 650 if needed.

My next “big match” I will make is the Monster Match in FrostProof- 8 stages with minimum 50 round count per stage- outlaw match on steroids mid October.

http://themonstermatch.net/

Cheers.

·
Will work for primers
201 Posts
I live in St. Cloud, FL. Within 1.5hrs, I have Okeechobee, Frostproof (Shannon Smith) and Volusia county (Gorka Ibanez and Manny Bragg). Close to home, I have Central Fl rifle and Pistol club and Port Malabar. I have a membership at Port Malabar (PMRPC) because its' 45 minutes from the house and I can actually practice by setting up stages and running them. Plus I also shoot sporting clays and they have that as well.

I can pretty much shoot a match every weekend plus there are always 3 majors within 1.5 hours of the house.

Expand the drive to 2 hours and skies the limit!! Shoot at Frostproof and Okeechobee and you will get better because of the world class talent you are with every weekend.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A friend of mine who runs a Shadow2 in production just bought a place on a few acres in St. Cloud.

Ive shot Volusia & CFRPC, Ill check out Port Malabar for sure. Thanks!

I live in St. Cloud, FL. Within 1.5hrs, I have Okeechobee, Frostproof (Shannon Smith) and Volusia county (Gorka Ibanez and Manny Bragg). Close to home, I have Central Fl rifle and Pistol club and Port Malabar. I have a membership at Port Malabar (PMRPC) because its' 45 minutes from the house and I can actually practice by setting up stages and running them. Plus I also shoot sporting clays and they have that as well.

I can pretty much shoot a match every weekend plus there are always 3 majors within 1.5 hours of the house.

Expand the drive to 2 hours and skies the limit!! Shoot at Frostproof and Okeechobee and you will get better because of the world class talent you are with every weekend.

·
Will work for primers
201 Posts
A friend of mine who runs a Shadow2 in production just bought a place on a few acres in St. Cloud.

Ive shot Volusia & CFRPC, Ill check out Port Malabar for sure. Thanks!
We should all get together sometime. I can introduce you to people I shoot with. PMRPC uses practiscore to sign up for the monthly matches. 2nd Saturday of the month. PMRPC is an awesome facility, they have all of the disciplines, pistol, rifle, shotgun, black powder and archery.

Reactions: [email protected]
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.