My Union's Response to Pantaleo Termination

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by seanmac45, Aug 20, 2019.

1. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Not supposed to need wheeling and dealing to get the obviously correct outcome.

Randy

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

TBO likes this.
  2. Skidoo

Skidoo

I think all of the NY police officers should call in sick for a week. And watch the city fall apart. Then maybe they would be appreciated more.

orangejeep06 likes this.

3. knoxvegasdaddy

knoxvegasdaddy UBER VOL !!!

Preannounced 3 day “hiatus”. Then come back to work.

It would feel like they threw you a ticker tape parade!

4. knoxvegasdaddy

knoxvegasdaddy UBER VOL !!!

I edited it down to this....

This is what the “activists” want. Well, they’re about to get it.

They just don’t realize that the result will appear in their neighborhoods first! Buncha pollyanna dummies.

TBO, clamcop369 and seanmac45 like this.
  5. Tickhill

Tickhill Eternity: Smoking or Non-Smoking

I would hope that Pantaleo wins and pads his retirement funds if possible and walks out the door when he wants to.

TBO and clamcop369 like this.
  6. blackjack

blackjack

Exact situation in the Betty Shelby incident on the Tulsa PD. Thrown under the bus by TPTB: mayor, police chief, & DA. Fortunately, a jury did its job.

7. ultra45

ultra45

If ordered by the court to return Pantaleo to work, it, the NYPD has no choice but to do so. They can appeal, but he will come back full duty and be assigned to a unit that’s not in the public eye. He will finish his career and collect his pension, as it should be. It’s been done before.

8. S. Kelly

S. Kelly

NYC's "leadership", more than likely, feared demonstrations (AKA riots) by the free-s%&t army, plain and simple. They have nothing better to do but protest. I mean, why not, we're paying them.
    Riots cost NYC money, probably way more money that defending themselves in court against the lawsuit. So they go that way-fire him and let him fight it. If Pantaleo prevails, they can turn around and point at the nasty police unions, their racist membership and the Court, and then wipe their hands clean. It's basically a Pontius Pilate move.
    Pantaleo should sue, hopefully he wins and cruises towards his retirement. That's what it's all about.
    Policing, as we knew it, died during the 8 years of Obama's War Against the Police. Democrat-run cities (Oh, and towns-suburbs are the new ghettos) are doomed to become the next Detroit. Social Justice Warriors are very blind to the truth right in front of their eyes and have a lot of self-hatred.
    seanmac45, any rackets (we call them Times up here) that are run for Pantaleo, let us know.

orangejeep06 and clamcop369 like this.
  9. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Wonder how far up the chain he'll have to appeal to get an unbiased rolling?

Randy

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

10. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

The court will restore him to full duty. The JOB will immediately remove his guns and keep him off the street. As long as he is at full pay the courts will not intervene. I have seen this numerous times. They don't lose gracefully and there is NO WAY they will ever let him back on the street.

orangejeep06 and TBO like this.
  11. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

Yes, it’s been done before.

One of the sergeant’s in the Abner Lumia case sued and got his job back. He was later promoted and went as high as inspector. My understanding is he had commands they did not expect to be in the spotlight.

One of the cops in the Diallo shooting was on the rubber gun squad for years but eventually they let him out and even got promoted.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/killed-diallo-named-sergeant-year-article-1.2793333

12. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

Here is the press conference about the Sgt. The sergeant’s have the best union head right now.

More importantly. He has released facts people didn’t know. She was not the patrol supervisor. She was not present when the alleged chokehold happened. She was the junior sergeant and the senior sergeant told her he would handle it. She was picked as the fall guy for a reason and it was political.

seanmac45 likes this.
  13. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454

Too bad a great learning example will again be completely missed/ignored by the masses.

This officer will never again be a "real cop", at a time when EVERY agency, big and small, is starving for quality applicants.

25 yrs ago a political termination would not stop an agency from picking up an experienced/trained officer.

Now it's the kiss of death.

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

pgg00, seanmac45 and clamcop369 like this.
  14. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Not sure it’s a bad thing. He’d be a target on the street.

The biggest problem isn’t that he’ll never work the street again. I’m not sure the rest of the cops on the street will work the street either. No backup from admin means any use of force can get you jammed up, with no due process to save you.

Randy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

larry_minn and seanmac45 like this.
  15. fla2760

fla2760

This makes me sick.

http://nypdconfidential.com/

The Big Cave
    Lenny Levitt
    August 26, 2019
    No matter how you slice, dice, or splice it, it’s hard to escape the conclusion that NYPD Commissioner Jim O’Neill caved when he fired police officer Daniel Pantaleo for the 2014 “chokehold” death of Eric Garner.
    Despite threats of violence from a cadre of activists and Garner’s family if Pantaleo was not fired and allowed to keep his pension, O’Neill had apparently agreed to allow Pantaleo to retire and save his pension. Some 10 days ago, Chief of Department Terence Monahan initiated a 30-minute meeting with PBA president Pat Lynch and Pantaleo’s attorney Stuart London at what London called “an off-campus” site to finalize details and prepare Pantaleo’s retirement paperwork.
    “When Monahan sat down,” said London, “he immediately said Pantaleo’s pension was safe. He said, ‘He [Pantaleo] is going to get his pension.’ We spoke about giving him a modified I.D. card, which would not allow him to carry a firearm. It was clear to me they [Monahan and O’Neill] felt they would withstand the mayor’s response.”
    NYPD spokeswoman Devora Kaye confirmed that Monahan had met with Lynch and London to discuss Pantaleo’s pension. “Chief Monahan discussed this as one of the possible options that he thought was fair…,” she said.
    Lynch said the deal was pulled the next day after O’Neill met with de Blasio.
    Asked about Lynch’s claim, de Blasio said at a news conference, “Don’t believe anything Pat Lynch says.”
    Well, let’s think about that. At least as far as the Monahan-Pantaleo deal was concerned, Lynch was telling the truth.
    So what does that tell you about de Blasio?
    Yet again, as he had since O’Neill’s first week in office nearly three years ago, Mayor de Blasio sandbagged his commissioner. He then took off again on his quixotic presidential journey, traveling to Iowa, Illinois, and New Hampshire, and touting, in interviews on national television, what he said was O’Neill’s decision — not his — to fire Pantaleo. The mayor labeled this “justice.”
    As for O’Neill, one sensed him struggling with his conscience at his news conference last week when he announced Pantaleo’s firing. His voice at times quavering, he cited Pantaleo’s 289 arrests and 14 department medals; how Pantaleo had been called, at the request of local merchants, to a place of repeated petty crime and drug activity; and how he had effected a lawful arrest of Garner, who refused to provide I.D., and then resisted arrest.
    O’Neill acknowledged that Pantaleo’s use of the department-banned chokehold was acceptable during part of his struggle with the 350-pound Garner. However, O’Neill said that Pantaleo could have later adjusted his grip when he and Garner fell to the ground but that Pantaleo did not. He added that, if he were a cop in Pantaleo’s place, he “may have made similar mistakes.”
    Yet in the end, O’Neill showed Pantaleo no mercy.
    Asked by this reporter why, in light of these extenuating circumstances, he would refuse Pantaleo his pension, the normally forthright O’Neill, did not answer

16. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

So he firs the job. They fire him, ruin his career AND announce he will be unarmed?

17. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

He got .....................

18. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977

Another great Dept. destroyed by Democrat's. de Blasio is a schmuck!