GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my new Boraii Eagle for my Glock 42 and my Barsony Wooodland OWN holster for my Glock 23. I'm in love with both. Barsony custom makes them for you and they're super affordable. You can pick from right/left/IWB/OWB/belt loop/metal clip, etc...
And the Boraii keeps my G42 as thin as it was meant to be!

BoraiiEagleGlock42.JPG
Barsony1Glock23.JPG
Barsony2Glock23.JPG
Barsony3.JPG

Reactions: Lawdog3

·
Registered
377 Posts
Nice. Thought I had heard of every holster manufacture but must admit I've never heard of these two. That G42 holster looks like it does work well for pocket carry, complete, secure coverage of trigger and surrounding area. Enjoy. For IWB carry, a clip draw with tethered trigger cover is as minimalist as you can get. I've never carried this type setup nor am I advocating it. I purchased a used S&W 442 years ago that had a clip draw. I never removed it but always thought it was an interesting method for minimal IWB carry.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Boraii for the G42 is awesome. Keeps the thin gun thin. Love it. And it never touches the slide. No rubbing marks on the slide. Boom! The Barsony for OWB with my Glock 23? I should have ordered it with the belt loop and not the clip for a more secure hold, but I like being able to remove it or place it back on, without taking my belt hallway off. And I don't OWB carry often, if ever. Just wanted a holster to store the G23 in, and occasional use, if/when OWB carry is needed.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Lovely. I really like the green. I just got a new raven concealment Eidolon. Carrying the 19 appendix butt naked and no one knows.

·
" Fast is fine but, accuracy is everything"
1,221 Posts
I have the BORA11 for my 42. I didn't care for the way the hook pushed out against my pocket. I took a heat gun and warmed the hook part up and formed it back towards my leg. It worked well. I can't take credit for the idea as someone else on GT posted the idea. Now it's much less bulky in my pocket. Over all for pocket carry it's ok but I much prefer the Alabamma pocket holster for my 42 and 43 I'm not a big fan of pocket carry but, in certain circumstances it is preferable. Glad you like yours.

·
Registered
87 Posts
So how does the Eagle work? In my head you have to draw it from your pocket with one hand and then use the other hand to pull the cover off.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So how does the Eagle work? In my head you have to draw it from your pocket with one hand and then use the other hand to pull the cover off.
When you pull your gun out of your pocket, you press/angle the hooked part, pressed against the side, and it pulls off, as you retrieve your gun.

·
" Fast is fine but, accuracy is everything"
1,221 Posts
The hook catches your pocket comes out every time one handed. It's never failed. However you must remove the holster from your pocket before re holstering. The Alabama pocket holster has a thumb hook to break it free from your gun before drawing your gun or the hook will break it freee.

·
Native Mainiac
18,806 Posts
I always loved every holster I brought home. But sadly, many of them have ended up neglected in my growing holster collection drawers, seldom if ever to see daylight again.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I finally sold all of my holsters. I currently only own the above Barsony holster for my G23 and the Boraii & DeSantis for my G42. That's it. I cleaned house. Boom!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts