Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just wanna post my trip experience to dealer.

Dealer: Dad's Super Pawn, located on hwy 49, ms

So today I stopped by my usual gun dealer to get a transfer on my sbr 308, I came in and there wasn't much people at the gun section, maybe 2-3 and 3 worker at that section, 2 older and 1 guy in his 20's, this was not at rush time (so not too many people). So i went in and just walk by the counter looking at some ar and the young was helping someone else that came in before me, so i just stand right in front of the glass display counter and staring at the guns, no word from anyone yet, i figure ok they all helping someone else, now the young guy got done with his customer, i'm still standing there waiting, i guess 1 of his friend came in to pawn some tool battery, he took care of that and just talked to his friend for like who know how long, by that time i'm getting really pissed just standing and getting no service, not even an a word out of the young guy mouth. So his friend look over at me and see that i wasn't being serve so he start to leave and than i'm thinking finally i can get some help from this guy, NOPE, he just walked right pass me smiling (he was having some fun time with his friend). So finally one of the older guy came by and ask if i needed any help with anything, (speed up), all the older worker where good in helping me and asking if i needed help.

So a older man came out to help me with the transfer for my sbr, (can't remember his name but he is the general manger for the back room stock), really nice guy, he got everything needed to process this transfer. So at the end i asked if he was the general manger, I told him that i have a complaint, i told him about that young guy (he was the only 1 carrying a side arm openly, maybe he's trying to look badass) not providing any service for me after standing there staring at the guns for look at least 15mins than just passed me up. So we talked a little longer about it and he apologies to me and thanked me for letting him know. I told him that everyone that walk through that door is a potential customer, he agrees but that place is also a pawn so theres a lot of people going there to just look, i say yeah but i told him that all he had to do was say i be right with you, thats all and i be happy to wait a little longer, but no, he just passed me up.

So in the end I will be coming back there again to buy some more toys, not from that kid. I don't know why this happened, i'm thinking because i looked young so he suspected that i didn't have any money and was there just to look. The nice old man asked what kind of pistol i carry and told him i'm a glock fan, he asked if i like sigs because he wanted to give me a hat for being patience. Got the hats and told him i be back in a couple of weeks to pick up a rem. shotgun from them.

So thats my long rant. For any business owner out there, customer service is very very important, i don't care if you have the lowest price around town, if theres no customer service i give my money to someone else even if there price is a little higher. Guys like that cause owner to loss money. If i had waited any longer, i would have walked out and never come back, and tell my friends about not to do business with them. Good thing i waited and not let this guy ruin a good gun shop for the owner.

All in all, great service from the elder.
heres the pic of the hats i got from him.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.