Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
127,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just handled one for the first time. The gun is very impressively small for its firepower. It’s just very slightly thicker through the grip than the Glock 43, but the gun is smaller overall it seems.

The trigger feels a lot like the P320, so if that’s your thing, you’re in luck. It’s not my thing. I don’t like that trigger on a carry gun at all.

If it turns out to be reliable, it seems like a good value for the dollar. I don’t buy American Sigs, so it’s not for me, but it should sell very well.

Just my quick $.02 after handling one. I obviously haven’t shot one yet. It doesn’t have that same cheap feel I get from the P250 or P320, for whatever that’s worth. :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Well I just handled one for the first time. The gun is very impressively small for its firepower. It’s just very slightly thicker through the grip than the Glock 43, but the gun is smaller overall it seems.

The trigger feels a lot like the P320, so if that’s your thing, you’re in luck. It’s not my thing. I don’t like that trigger on a carry gun at all.

If it turns out to be reliable, it seems like a good value for the dollar. I don’t buy American Sigs, so it’s not for me, but it should sell very well.

Just my quick $.02 after handling one. I obviously haven’t shot one yet. It doesn’t have that same cheap feel I get from the P250 or P320, for whatever that’s worth. :)
I’m curious, where did you find one?

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Nice, bac, thanks for your thoughts on a P365. I am a Glock and SIG 320 guy. I like them both. I tend to carry a G43 quite often off duty, w/ 2 spare mags. As much as I do like Glocks, I find the G43 too small and slick. But it does work, especially after I put a Talon grip cover on it. I am more then interested in a P365, but no GS in this area has one. The biggest store is a SIG Master Dealer and has 30-40 SIGs on display, but none of the store employees had even seen or heard about them. I find that typical of that store, they just do not keep up on their own Industry news. Sad. It's OK, as that store is extremely high priced, and I would not buy a pistol from them at a high cost. I can get LE prices, IF I can find a 365 for sale anywhere.
Thanks again, and you Guys that have already seen and handled one are killing me...lol!:dunno:

Reactions: Brian hughes

·
Registered
127,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice, bac, thanks for your thoughts on a P365. I am a Glock and SIG 320 guy. I like them both. I tend to carry a G43 quite often off duty, w/ 2 spare mags. As much as I do like Glocks, I find the G43 too small and slick. But it does work, especially after I put a Talon grip cover on it. I am more then interested in a P365, but no GS in this area has one. The biggest store is a SIG Master Dealer and has 30-40 SIGs on display, but none of the store employees had even seen or heard about them. I find that typical of that store, they just do not keep up on their own Industry news. Sad. It's OK, as that store is extremely high priced, and I would not buy a pistol from them at a high cost. I can get LE prices, IF I can find a 365 for sale anywhere.
Thanks again, and you Guys that have already seen and handled one are killing me...lol!:dunno:
Yeah my shop just got it today...

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,894 Posts
I’ve checked close to a dozen LGS here last weekend and none of them have it.

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
Mine had one yesterday. Sold to a store employee before I could see it. I posted elsewhere that it was overlubed, and the slide failed to return to battery, and they were going to remove the goop and see how it fared. I haven't touched base to find out...

Price in this store was $565. They don't know when they will get the next ones in. They echoed Bac's comments that it was, indeed small. They felt the grip was similar (perhaps a smidge wider, but not perceptibly so), but that the gun felt smaller than the G43 they normally shoot. So the size is a winner. The reliability is still a question mark.

Reactions: Jimmy Jesus

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
SIG has stated that the pistol will be only sold w/ nite sights already on. Perhaps SIG will offer a plain site version later on. That's what they did w/ the P225A1 at first. We will see.
I know I want one, bad!

Reactions: Lefty0616

·
Supreme Member
4,093 Posts
For those looking to buy one ASAP, SOS is taking pre-orders. $550 shipped.
https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/202750

While I'm definitely interested in one, I won't be grabbing one right away. I'll wait a few months to see what kind of reports come back about reliability. And hopefully the price comes down a bit in the future when the newness/novelty factor wears off.

But if reviews are positive, regardless of price I'm going to be all over the P365 like a fat kid on a cupcake.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
As I understand SIG, they tested the holy crap out of the 365 before they announced it, and that included drop firing. They also said that they(SIG) had backstocked the 365 before they announced it for sale. They are showing up in some stores, and are promptly flying out the doors of those shops PDQ...lol! I will bet that the 365 will set sales records in no time at all.
I know I am impressed.

·
Registered
20,762 Posts
I wasn't too impressed by the advertisements until I realized it holds 11 rounds of 9mm. That is an impressive amount for a gun that seems not much bigger than my Kahr CM9. I don't think I will be making the switch but it's still cool to see. Hopefully it turns out this wasn't rushed to the market and it has a reliable roll out.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts