My third Grandchild! :)

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Misty02, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Misty02

Misty02

This is worthy of its own thread!!!! (and my opinion is all that matters today because I’m in one heck of a good mood)

Yesterday I became a grandma for the third time. Here is a picture of the new addition to the family. She was 7 lbs 10 oz and measured 20 inches long. Both, my daughter and her are doing just beautifully! :)

[​IMG]

She was a week early. My daughter went from contractions around 4 AM, 20 minutes apart and tolerable to 5 minutes apart within a blink of an eye. She called me, I rushed to the hospital and on my way there I get a call from my son-in-law telling me he nearly missed the birth of his daughter while he went to park the car. This will be the first grandchild’s birth I wasn’t present, in the room, for! :sad:

There is a police officer out there with nail marks on his arm and we don’t even know what his name is! He was at the entrance of the hospital at the moment and told my son-in-law he couldn’t leave the car parked there (at the entrance). While the security guard went to get a wheel chair and my son-in-law went to park the car he stood with my daughter at the entrance. I’m told they had to open her hand, by force, to retrieve the poor officer’s arm from her grasp. When they managed this, her fingernails were imprinted on his skin. That will teach him to answer a call to a hospital at that time of the morning! :whistling:

The wheel chair didn’t work, the baby had started to make her appearance into this world and they had to rush to get a gurney (sp) they didn’t make it to the regular bed in time (mom and baby). Her doctor didn’t make it either so I don’t feel as bad about not being there myself.

The funny thing is that they had no clue who my daughter was until it was all over. I’m still ticked about having missed it all and having to rely on second hand stories!! :fist: As my son-in-law tells it, once it was over the staff at the hospital started to asked them “and who are you? What is your name?” They didn’t even have time to get all those answers before hand due to all the running around (and my daughter clawing her nails in anyone that got near her long enough). At least I got there in time for the paperwork and while they were putting the IV, which is usually done BEFORE the baby gets there, not after.

Not because I’m her grandmother (ok, because I am! So what? :supergrin: ) but isn’t she just gorgeous???!!!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  2. Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

She is absolutely gorgeous, Gramma!
    A nice story, and one you'll remember. Be sure and write it into her baby book.
    Congratulations, and good health to all of you.

3. coastal4974

coastal4974

4. Misty02

Misty02

Already did yesterday! :supergrin: My daughter knows she comes from a long winded family so in addition to the standard baby book she gets a composition book for all of us to write our first impressions and anything else we may want recorded for them to read when they get older.

My contribution to the first grandchild was about 10 pages long, not something that would surprise anyone that has read my posts here. This one was just two pages long but I have lots to add today when I go back. Since I took some vacation time I’ve been writing more to her (to be stapled in the composition book since I don’t have it with me).

There were lots of funny stories to go with this one that her Mommy and Daddy may not remember later so I have to make sure all is written to jug everyone’s memory. :)

5. Misty02

Misty02

Ole woman in this case, but it’s all good! Thank you, coastal4974! :)

6. Bill Powell

Bill Powell Cross Member CLM

Weeeeee-doggy. That's one good looking granchillren.

7. Misty02

Misty02

Isn’t she, Bill??!!! :) We need a “filled with pride, I’m sitting on top of the world” emoticon in this place!

I'll use this for now :rock:

8. DARKSHADOW

DARKSHADOW My Work Hobby CLM

Sounds like she really wanted out, :wow: she even has that get out of my way stare. I got a feeling that this little one is going to be very assertive and determined in life. Congratulations. :wavey:

By the way, we didn't catch a name?

9. GamerGirl

GamerGirl 100% Relevant

Congrats to the proud Grandma!

10. Harvick

Harvick

Congrats grandma!!! REALLY got love the ones you can spoil and give back at the end of the day:whistling:.

11. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe CLM

Awwwwwwww :hearts:

Congrats, Grandma!

12. Mrs. VR

Mrs. VR Sharon, you will be missed.

how wonderful!!!!! :hearts:

13. Misty02

Misty02

Yeap, it was one heck of a jail break! There was police involved an all. :wow:

Her name is going to be Miley Angela. Her 4 year old sister has been calling her Angela since my daughter was like 4 months pregnant. We don’t know where the name came from in spite serious investigation into the matter. There are no TV shows she watches where any of the characters have that name, there is no one in her school with that name, nothing! Her 11 year old brother liked Miley (all our names start with M, so he knew which letter the name had to start with.

Personally I’ve decided to call her “Mighty Angela” as if she was a cartoon character (like Mighty Mouse). :supergrin:

She doesn’t cry (other than when she was first born, not that I was there to hear it anyway :fist:) and we heard her sneeze for the first time in the afternoon. She’s got such a dainty sneeze! We all just had to laugh, it was way too cute! :)

14. Misty02

Misty02

Thank you all!!!! This is one heck of a high I’m on today. :banana:

15. Buki192327

Buki192327

Congrats Grandma!!! :supergrin: Be sure to spoil her, real good.

When I worked security at the hospital, I drug the wheel chair, if the wheels wouldn't work. Was always able to get them to maternity in time, Thank God.
    I had enough to deal with, without dealing with the birth of a baby. :shocked:

Good lookin little one.

16. Bello

Bello America/Italia

damn your already giving her; her own cell phone!

17. Lonestar 48

Lonestar 48 Silver Member

Congratulations, Ms. Misty! I'll bet the good looks run in your family!

18. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Look at the hair! :hearts:

Congrats. :)

19. Misty02

Misty02

I plan to! We just came back from the hospital and it may not sound possible but I think she’s even prettier today than she was yesterday! They’ll be going home tomorrow. :)

:rofl:Yeah, well, she wanted to get the number of the other kids in the nursery there to stay in touch. You know how kids are now days.

They have to start somewhere, don’t they? Her Mommy is really pretty; her big sister (4 years old) is just as gorgeous as she is! (and grandma is sure objective too <grin>)
    She has tons of it, MrsKitty! :) Not exactly evenly proportion but lots and lots of hair. Her sister’s was just like it, when it fell the new one was blonde and curly (I got blamed for the curly part, since I’m the only one in the family with curly hair). My husband has see-through blue eyes and that is the part they always want, I sure hope we get it this time! I’ve waited through 3 kids and 2 grandkids; it would be nice if this one broke the wait. If not, I'll just have to :crying:

20. AZ DBLTRBL

AZ DBLTRBL Out Of Order CLM

Beautiful baby! Congrats!