My sweetie.

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Berto, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Berto

Berto woo woo

Allie visits the vet for the last time today.
    She's getting weak, the blood enzymes are off the chart in her liver, meaning the Cancer has spread.
    Her stools are black, meaning blood and taking a walk about knocks her out.
    Her breathing has become labored at times and I simply can't see her suffer from my own unwillingness to let her go.
    When I adopted her 8 years ago, I had no idea she'd become such a presence in my life and that this decision would be so heart wrenching.
    Here's a dog you'd think was evil incarnate; part APBT,part Chow. She surprised everyone by being just 'Allie'.
    My constant companion, sat shotgun in the jeep and is everyone's favorite dog in the Condo complex. She was boss with the other dogs, but never a tooth towards any person, including the nephews, niece and kids downstairs,who always chase her down for a petting.
    She's a book not to be judged by her cover, but like all great storys....

Tomorrow, she will go with me across the mountains, wrapped in a blanket that has been with my family at least my entire life.
    I will put her in the Earth on Dad's land, a nice spot next to the Cherry and Peach trees, overlooking the Methow River and a beautiful valley below.
    She'll be able to watch over the property there, ever vigilant, as dogs always are.
    I'll make a cross, or maybe something else...something I can hang her collar on, bearing her name, of course.
    If there is a Heaven, I hope that bridge exist, because it wouldn't be Heaven without my beloved sidekick, my sweetie.

[​IMG]

2. SouthernGal

SouthernGal What's Up Dox?

Sending hugs from SRD and myself.

:)

3. pjrocco

pjrocco Rock

4. Blinky

Blinky Rocket Surgeon

*hug*

She'll be at peace now.

5. sdsnet

sdsnet NRA Member CLM

Sorry to hear about your beloved puppy. I'm sure one day another lucky dog will be yours and another great relationship will develop.

6. Petra

Petra

I'm so sorry for your loss. They do work their way into your heart. She'll always be with you.

7. goldenlight

goldenlight

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

It is a tragically sad fact that we are destined to outlive our beloved pets.

But, while whe share our lives with them, our lives are enriched immeasurably.

They just never live as long as we would wish.

She's waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge, along with 2 of my cats...sniff...