GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for his 10th grade speech class. He is looking for sources, illustrations, true stories,etc. to cite in his report. Can anybody offer any suggestions? He needs to present arguments from both sides but intends on persuading the class that the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I thought most schools have zero tolorance policy on anything related to guns.

·
NRA Life Member
63,378 Posts
Point Blank: Guns and Crime in America, by Gary Kleck, That's the best source I've read and the only one using its own primary research at the time.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
This is for his 10th grade speech class. He is looking for sources, illustrations, true stories,etc. to cite in his report. Can anybody offer any suggestions? He needs to present arguments from both sides but intends on persuading the class that the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.
Tell him to Google the crime drop rate in Kennesaw Ga. vs Chicago's & Wash. DC

·
Cajunator®
38,164 Posts
Warsaw Ghetto Uprising

It's an example of what happens to people when the government disarms them, and also an example of what the people can do when they get a few guns.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought most schools have zero tolorance policy on anything related to guns.
Sorry - I forgot to mention, he is enrolled at a private Christian school (not parochial) run by our church. There is a safety committee and several on the committee carry (with the permission of the leadership) during services.

Thanks for all of the sources. I'll have him check them out.

·
Some Dude
7,981 Posts
Sorry - I forgot to mention, he is enrolled at a private Christian school (not parochial) run by our church. There is a safety committee and several on the committee carry (with the permission of the leadership) during services.

Thanks for all of the sources. I'll have him check them out.

Let us know how it turns out. :cool:

:wavey:

red

·
Registered
18,802 Posts
I am alive today because I had a gun when 4 people tried to rob me in my home.
Likewise, I am alive today because I had a gun when someone tried to carjack me.

OP, check the sticky in Women's Issues for my story and the ongoing Q&A. If your son wants to ask me any questions, shoot me a PM or post them and then shoot me a PM to make sure I answer them in time for his presentation.

·
Get off my lawn
42,701 Posts
Lawyer: "Just so you understand. All of your questions must be oral. Now, where were you on the night of November 2nd?"

Witness: "Oral."

Sorry. I love that one. Who's got that list of funny court transcripts??? It's always good for a laugh.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts