My Son Is Being Indoctrinated.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Restless28, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Restless28

Restless28

At dinner last night, our 14 year old son told us that his teacher has been giving the class anti-Republican speeches in her Indian Education class.

Some of the things she says are, "republicans want you to pay for your school, Romney will only take care of the rich and he hates poor people, Etc, etc."

My son told us this was an epic rant by her, and its not the first time either. I asked him she had any good things to say about republicans, such as Reagan, and he said no. She is pro-Obama and appears to be influencing the kids.

Now, this teacher had been there a long time, and she's a bit of a weirdo anyhow, IMO. She had complained about my son's behavior a few times this year, stuff like talking in class, inattentiveness, etc.

My son also told me that the black kid in the class wears his "yes we can" Obama shirt and is her class pet.

So, I have a plan now. I am ordering him a Reagan and Ron Paul shirts to wear to school. I am also going to write a letter to the paper.

I am a bit stunned, but I'm also a bit pissed that my tax dollars are supporting a propagandist in my public school. This is unacceptable, and I'm no going to take this lying down.

2. okie

okie GT Mayor

Good luck to your son my friend:thumbsup:

3. Ragnar

Ragnar

Have you reported the teacher?

4. Restless28

Restless28

I didn't find out until 9pm last night.

I have a couple of friends on the school board.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  5. M&P15T

M&P15T Well I'll Be Dipped!!!

The idead to get your son the Reagan & Ron Paul T-Shirts to wear to school is brilliant. I would love to be a fly on the wall in the class room when the teacher sees your son wearing one of them.

Would you consider putting some sort of recording device in your son's back-pack? You may catch the teacher going off on another rant concerning his t-shirt, at which point your son could point out that the another student wears his B.O. shirt all the time....then see how she reacts to being called out for being two faced.

Actually, the best idea would be for your son to keep one of the t-shirts you buy him in his back pack, and change into it in the bathroom on the same day he sees his class mate wearing his B.O. t-shirt. That way, the teacher could not spout-off about such types of t-shirts not being allowed in the classroom.

Of course, your son may become the focus of the teacher's ire, and suffer some negative repercussions in the class-room.

6. Restless28

Restless28

Very interesting...Of course, I'm sure the IRS would come-a-calling.

7. Mister_Beefy

Mister_Beefy Legal & Proper

forget reporting her. if she's a tenured teacher she's impossible to get rid of.

rig him up with a hidden camera or audio recording device, a reagan, paul or obama sucks t-shirt (like m&p15t said) but forget the school district, post the results on youtube.

8. okie

okie GT Mayor

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEt5dEOcW0I"]Uncle Buck (8/10) Movie CLIP - Moley Russel's Wart (1989) HD - YouTube[/ame]

9. LongGoneDays

LongGoneDays Misanthropical

As I was reading I was going to suggest sending him in an NRA shirt :)

I'm really surprised they don't have uniforms though. All the schools around here you have to wear khakis and a polo with colors revolving around the school's mascot.

10. Restless28

Restless28

I have a voice activated mini recorder. Hell, I may send the results to Mark Levin, Hannity or Rush.

Keep the ideas coming!

11. El_Ron1

El_Ron1 AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

Counter Indoctrinate that crap!

[​IMG]

12. M&P15T

You know, it's truly sad when posting something like this on YouTube is the only way to bring public pressure on this tenured teacher, the only way to effect any possible change.

13. pipedreams

pipedreams "Knowledge Speaks - Wisdom Listens,"

While I like the idea you might be bringing all hell down on your son causing him embarrassment and discomfort that he is not prepared for. The idea of writing to the paper and a YouTube video could do a great deal more without causing your son the unnecessary problems. Remember he is the one that has to sit there and take all the crap not you. Ask him if any the other kids are uncomfortable with this teacher's talk and maybe approach their parents.

14. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

First: what the hell is "Indian Education"?

Second: be straightforward and talk to administration or the school board. Don't make your kid fight YOUR political battles in school and do not be one of those hidden camera weasels either.

Third: they are all being indoctrinated at some level, until the universities stop cranking out brainwashed teachers it is not getting any better.

Hell, I',m 41 and I was taught in high school and college that Reagan was the devil. Being idealistic and somehwat liberal when you are young is part of the natural cycle of things, as foreign as that seems to most here.

15. Mister_Beefy

Mister_Beefy Legal & Proper

agreed.

16. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

PLEASE remember to check the legalities of recording someone without their permission, before wiring up your son.....

Also, keep in mind what some have said. Your son is the one who will bear the brunt of her wrath if he gets under her radar for speaking his mind, or wearing apparel that attacks her religion.

And for some of the ones with the most Kool-Aid in their gut, Obama Bin Lyin IS their God.....

17. MulletLoad

MulletLoad

Craps, Roullette, BlackJack and free alcohol. At least where I live in South Florida. The Indians have the concession and every one of them drive pimped out Hummers and Escalades and wear Rolex's. More power to them I say. ;)

18. M&P15T

Food for thought;

I'm 42, and not one political word was ever uttered in any of my classes, be it H.S. or College. No indoctrination, nothing. While I agree that being you and idealistic can lean one towards being liberal, that doesn't mean that what this teacher is doing should be accepted as part of the "natural cycle".

This teacher NEEDs to be taught the lesson that her class room is a place of learning for young minds, NOT a place to indoctrinate them.

Know how we make a start to end the liberal idiots that most colleges are putting out? Start with the H.S. teachers that do the same thing, start by outting them on YouTube and such. Create public out-cry within the community.

Just because it happened to you, doesn't mean others need to accept it.

19. M&P15T

I agree 100%

I think there's a possibility the young man is already on the teacher's radar, if he doesn't overtly agree with and support the crapola she spouts in class.

20. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

He probably is. Even if he has not spoken his mind in class. The t-shirt thing the OP is thinking about and that some seem to endorse, is SURE to get him locked up on her HUD, if he ain't already.