My snake-bit 91/30 PU

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by J_Rico, Feb 14, 2010.

1. J_Rico

J_Rico

Bought a M-N 91/30 PU sniper a couple years ago. My brother and I were in the middle of a C&R binge, so it got put away, safe in its cosmoline, for a year or so.

When we finally cleaned it up and took it out to the range, the scope mount was so far out of alignment with the rifle that it made me wonder if the dealer mixed them up. So, back in storage it went for another year or so.

Last week I finally got it to a smith and he got it all lined up. My son and I took it to the range to sight it in this weekeknd. On shot number three, something hit the bench next to my elbow. I looked down at a chunk of the scope base. The part that holds that big honking screw just broke off the base. Sigh.

So now I am shopping for a new base...

I have a dream. Some day this rifle and I are going to have an awesome day at the range. We are going to have a problem-free day, filled with tiny groups.

The day after that, I am going to sell it.

2. m2hmghb

m2hmghb

3. J_Rico

J_Rico

Yep that's the part. Thanks for the lead.

4. m2hmghb

m2hmghb

I've dealt with them in the past, shipping isn't the fastest, but they normally have what you need.

5. wavetrain75

wavetrain75 Useless Member

91/30s are great rifles for the money. But for $90 they can be pretty bad and still be great for $90.

Although I would expect a little more from a sniper.