close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

my sister (and a vet) do a good deed...

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Ender, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Ender

Ender ComfortablyNumb

so my sister recently moved into a new apt. within a couple days, this cat comes scratching at her sliding door. she happened to have some cat food because my parents cat spent the night there, so she fed and watered him.

hes a mix, fixed, and VERY friendly. her and her roomie named him "warehouse," and i dunno why, other than its funny! ;)

anyways, warehouse comes and goes...when hes at the door, he'll come in and stay for the night or a few hours. she figures hes gotta be someone's cat, so she lets him out when he wants out.

the other night he came in with a nice abcess. it popped all over my sister's room and stunk like hell. she ended up taking him to an emergency vet at 4 a.m. because of it.

vet says it'll cost $2-300 to clean and fix him up...she says that since its not her cat, she'll try to clean him up herself.

anyways, the vet takes him outta the room for 10 mins, comes back, and says he cleaned it for free. she thanks him quite a bit, and is on her way.

i told her she should put up signs in the neighborhood, and if nobody claims him, she should keep him. better than letting him wander the neighborhood and get into fights and such.

2. Vic303

Vic303 Senior Member

Your sister ought to send a thank you card & maybe a food tray to the vet's office! That was some nice pro bono work the vet did for that poor cat.

3. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

That is a great vet! If he had done that for me, he would have a customer for life :)

She should keep Warehouse since he keeps coming back. He must like it there.

4. Ender

Ender ComfortablyNumb

thats what i've told her...obviously if he has owners they don't care too much about him, letting him run around right off a main road, and getting into fights with other cats.

hes a friendly cat too! :)