close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My Second Crossfit Injury

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by California Jack, Jan 21, 2007.

1. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

My first was a toe injury when an empty barbell fell on it. So that may count as a stupidity injury rather than a Crossfit injury.

This injury isn't bad. Just a sore knee as a result of squatting for yesterday's Crossfit Total. When I was squatting 2 to 3 times weekly my knees never bothered me. I wonder if it has something to do with maxing out with little heavy squatting leading up to the Crossfit Total.

Knee wasn't sore enough to stop me from todays torture.

BTW, my total was 70 pounds higher than the last time and 20 pounds higher than my first attempt.

Jack

2. DBradD

DBradD

We need a "Get Well Soon" smiley. I guess this is as close as we have: :ambulance:

Hopefully it won't be worse tomorrow. Box jumps?!

There's ice everywhere here and I couldn't do that WoD anyway due to shoulder problems. I just did 30 minutes on the StairMaster and stretched. I think CFers might be wrong for shunning that piece of equipment. Pretty much my entire lower body is blasted after doing that thing. I'd say my quads feel as bad a couple of hours later as they did the last time I did tabata squats. Of course, that only took 3:50! I've done a C2 rower a couple of times lately and I don't think I get as tired using it. I might be doing it wrong, not hard enough, or whatever.

That's uber cool. I've just been waiting for an excuse to type that. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: So you're actually stronger, to go with your obviously greatly enhanced metcon, right? Now if I can stop hurting myself, maybe I can do that too.