My Samsung is Dead

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by USMCsilver, Apr 6, 2005.

1. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

I have a 5 month old Samsung panel, model 712N, and this morning when I woke it up, it looked normal for 3 seconds, and poof, white screen; next, there were very, very faint, thin, yellow, pink, green, blue lines that ran vertically down the screen.

I though, hmm... I powered it off, then back on. Fixed -- for another 3 seconds. Reboot, same thing. Checked connections, same thing.

I thought it mighta been my vid card, so I hooked up the monitor to my laptop. Nope. It is dead!

Now, here's the kicker -- I visited Samsung's site to see about warranty stuff. They'll send me another unit via 2nd day mail, but it is a refurbished one. I didn't buy a refurbished monitor! I bought a new one and a screwed up one at that! Why should I ultimately have to spend $450 on a refurbished monitor? ARGH!

Oh well, had to vent. I also wanted to check to see if anyone else had seen a problem similar to this.

2. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

Many replacement PC parts are refurbished.They still give you the coverage you had since you bought the new one.Some PC parts are improved or replaced by newer versions,sometimes they don't even make the same model by the time you need it.I had a three year old video card replaced.It was a refurbished one but a big upgrade from the one that went bad.I had to send the bad one back or they were going to charge me for a new vard for the refurbished one they sent me.

3. Tom34

Tom34 Obama Must Go!

A lot of times the refurbished units go thur more quality checks than the new units.

4. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Between the exorbitant prices, dead pixels, and this sort of crap you can see why I won't own a LCD monitor any time soon.

But, yeah, there's nothing wrong with factory refurbs.

They get checked over carefully and are probably 10X more likely to work well that a new one right off the shelf. Really.

Good luck with it.

5. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

Thanks for the comments folks. I assume my replacement will hit the UPS store on Monday. Using a laptop as a main PC often sucks!