my ruger mini 14

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by mark5019, Jan 12, 2010.

1. mark5019

mark5019

2. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Very nice. :supergrin: My friend has one just like it. He threaded the barrel and has a sound suppressor. Makes .223 sound like .22.

3. wjv

wjv Zip It Stan Lee.. . .

That's impossible!! Everyone here knows that you can't hit a barn at 20 paces with a Mini-14!!!!!

:supergrin:

Nice looking rifle! Your next move should be to stock up on plenty of 20 round FACTORY mags while they are available.

I like my Mini-14 also. Has an accu-strut attached, which was a 10 minute mod.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  4. spartan985

spartan985

Nice.

I have really been kicking around the idea of picking one up!

5. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Looks great!
    Love the Mini,.....wish I would have kept mine.

6. ElevatedThreat

ElevatedThreat NRA Member

I have an older stainless Mini-30 in 7.62x39 that I bedded into a B&C synthetic stock. Its arrival forced a number of hapless, anemic AR-15s onto the used gun rack.

Very accurate with Remington and Winchester softpoint, and Prvi Partisan roundnose, ammo.

I can't think of a better all-around backcountry utility rifle, and it held its own a couple of times during post-hurricane mini-SHTF scenarios, too (no shots fired, but intimidation effect aplenty on organized gangs of looters crusing around in trucks).

I'm waiting for a double handful of the new Ruger factory 20-round mags that I have on back order from Ruger.

I plan to add a Ruger Min-6.8 to the gun safe too, once Ruger gets their heads out of their butts and makes a 20-round mag for it....

-ET

7. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Smart, in my opinion.
    Many folks want the largest mags available (mostly 30-rounders of course), but for the Mini especially, I prefer 20-round mags.
    That old M-14 pattern magwell leaves so much of the mag just hanging in space below the rifle with no real support. I feel a lot better about the shorter 20-round mags.

I wish I could love my old stainless Ranch Rifle, especially now that Ruger is selling the factory mags. Mine is one of the inaccurate jam-o-matic Minis.
    I hold on to it year after year thinking I'll pay someone to accurize it for me and bed it into a Choate synthetic stock. Maybe this year.

8. AKMIKEFMJ

AKMIKEFMJ

Mine is a twin of yours...........It is my Sport Utility Rifle............You did good !!!
    :supergrin:

9. Broncbuster

Broncbuster Dying Breed

Congrats. I have a new 580 series tactical. with the Strikeforce folder and flash supressor. Shoots real tight groups. Better than my AR's.

10. den888

den888

Very nice Mini !