My Ruger LC9 story

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by bmoore, Jan 24, 2013.

1. bmoore

bmoore

So some of you may have read my thread about my Ruger failing to extract about 1 or 2 out of 50 rounds. The spent case would be blown about halfway out of the chamber sitting on top of the mag with a fresh round stripped. It would eject with authority at the 4oclock position every single time, then bang out of nowhere complete failure.

I did run a box of PMC through it with no problems, but I could only find 1 box to purchase. But it malfunctioned with Blazer Brass, PPU and Remington. I thought I had the problem worked out after the 50 flawless PMC it did 50 flawless Blazer Brass then first mag of the second Blazer box I had a failure. With no 9mm ammo in stock I was unable to run WWB or Federal through it. Ruger sent me a shipping label and the tech called me yesterday, "I just put 70 rounds of Black hills 9mm through it with zero problems. Damn. They were super cool, he said he would replace the extractor if I wished and I said yes.

Should be back to me today or tomorrow. I am going to run it stock to see how it does and then drop in my Galloway 20lb spring and guide rod combo. I really like this gun so I hope it runs. I also wish I could find more PMC to run through it to see if that was the issue.

Any opinions are welcome.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  2. WayneJessie

WayneJessie

I wish I could help but my LC9 has been flawless with WWB,Federal, and Freedom Munitions reloads. I keepa few Federal Hydra-Shocks for when I carry.

3. bmoore

bmoore

Thanks, glad yours is working out for you. Good to know yours runs the Freedom munitions. Should have it back tomorrow.

4. Bruce M

Bruce M

Good to hear Ruger is taking care of you. The firing pin in mine broke and Ruger was a first class organization to deal with. They had it back to me in a bit more than a week and it has been fine since.

5. bmoore

bmoore

Yes, their CS is certainly top notch.

6. ChiefWPD

ChiefWPD

Even really good guns sometimes don't work right. That's why you do what you did; test it before putting it in service!

I like Glocks. Had a Glock 36. That gun would not work, period. Every, but I mean every, magazine full of ammo had failures to feed. Including ball ammo!

Went back to the factory four times (not my dime, but my dept's money...). On time number four they sent me, at my request, a Glock 23. Works just fine.

My next gun is gonna be a Glock 30S (when they finally come in). I expect it to work flawlessly. But I will test it with a couple of hundred rounds before I trust the gun.

7. bmoore

bmoore

Yes Chief I agree. I like to run 250-500 flawaless before a gun gets the "frontline" status. Just like any piece of life saving equipment.

8. ESI

ESI

My LC9 has been 100%.:supergrin: