My range visit that went all wrong.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Bladegt, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Bladegt

Bladegt

So yesterday I decided to go to the shooting range. I get there as soon as they open and the guy behinde the counter gets me all rung up. I brought both my Ruger P95DC and my Glock19 which has some brand spankin new Trijicon night sights on it. I brought 100 rounds for each gun. So at first everything was going great. I shot my Glock first. I was the only one in the range at the time. After about 80 rounds at 7 yrds I want to see how well I would do at 15 yrds. I set up and start to fire. After the 5th round in my first mag I can't find my front sight. :wow: My front sight went flying off, that I just had put on about a month ago, and I couldn't for the life of me find it. :steamed: Luckly one of the guys in the shop came out and helped me find it. Thank god. The gunsmith there slapped the front sight back on while I finished off the rest of the rounds with my Ruger. I asked how much for the fix and he told me don't worry about it.:supergrin: I ended up buying some 7.62x39 to thank him then I packed up and relized I didn't know where my keys were. :wow: Strike two. I found them IN THE CAR. While looking for them I left my rounds in the shop and the guy behinde the counter walked out to give them to me thankfully. :wavey: Three strikes and I was outta there and on my way home! Well I always said, "A bad day at the range is better then a good day at work!" :rofl:

2. Calico Jack

Calico Jack NO QUARTER

You would lose your head if it wasn't attached to you! :tongueout:

3. captdreifus

captdreifus aSun666

Just one of those days...we all have em' :)

4. Bladegt

Bladegt

Yeah it sure was one of those days. I couldn't beleive I had done all that. My first target with the Ruger was horrible because of the level of pissed I was after the sight flew off. But they got better with each passing round. :rofl::supergrin: Guess it was just my time to look like a fool

5. ilsrwy27

ilsrwy27

Used any loctite on the front sightthe first time around? I'm just curious, what range were you at?

6. KDawg0007

KDawg0007

This past monday has been one of "those" days for sure.
    Glad you got through the range trip no worse for wear.

7. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

You may wish to reinstall your front sight properly. Red locktite takes 24 hours to cure, so re-install and let your pistol sit for 24 hours before using it again.

8. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 Stiffy

I prefer blue locktite.It holds just as well and I don't need a blow torch to remove the sight.

9. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

None of us like to admit it, but we've ALL had days like this!!

Thankfully not too many though ! Glad you can laugh about it now.

:rofl:

10. 13BRAVO

13BRAVO

this is my only bad range story.

on the way I stopped at a gas station to pick up drinks. In El Paso, didnt feel like dying in the 115 degree weather. leave my ESS eye pro on the counter. at the range im packing up, and set my pair of oakley eye pro on top of my bag. get ready to leave and someone had snatched them off of my bag.

out 2 pairs of eye pro in 1 day.

11. NonPCnraRN

NonPCnraRN

The first time I fired a 1911 (30 yrs ago) I held it in both hands like a DA revolver with the thumb of my weak hand over the top of my shooting hand. I had plenty of experience with shooting revolvers but this was my first semi auto. Luckily my hands are small and the slide took just a nick of skin off my thumb. It never occured to me to ask someone how to shoot it...just buy a gun, ammo and go to the range to learn-sometimes the hard way. So don't feel too bad about your day at the range. I can lose my keys before leaving the house.

12. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Gold Member

Hey, at least you got to do a little shootin!:supergrin:

13. Zertek

Zertek

That sucks

14. adaman04

adaman04

Don’t feel bad, when I took my CCW class years ago I was all amped up about talking guns and having my paperwork ready to go apply for my permit, etc. that I walked out of the gun shop without my paperwork for my permit. I stopped about a block away, went back and got it. The guy at the gun counter said “You’re going to need that!”
    Haha indeed.

15. craig19

craig19

Nothing like Joe stealing from Joe. I think you did yourself a favor leaving the ESS, those suck.

16. bustedknee

bustedknee The Snowflakes have invaded GT

Geez, what a sob story.

I was practicing at the range and accidently shot myself in the hand.

In my haste to get to a doctor I forgot my pistols and left them on the firing line where they promptly disappeared (I discovered later).

When I went out to get in my car I found it had been stolen.

Now, that is a bad day!

The first liar don't stand a chance. :animlol:

17. bentbiker

bentbiker

If I had a talking gun, I wouldn't carry it.

18. Bladegt

Bladegt

I was at a local range down in New Port Richey, FL. I have to drive about 25-30 mins to get there but it is the only indoor range around here and they don't bother you while you're doing your thing. I like them alot. Place is called Firing Line. The thing about the locktite is I didn't see the Gunsmith do the install. He had me leave the gun with him, it was close to closing and I had walked in, and I picked it up the next day. Everything seemed normal until I shot it Monday. Glad it happend at the range and not if I had to actually use the weapon.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  19. CynicX

CynicX

Sounds like me. Get all excited about going to shoot I start over looking things. :)

Did you shoot the Glock again to make sure the sight was on there good?

20. Bladegt

Bladegt

Unfortunatly I did not. The gunsmith told me to let it sit for a few hours. I still haven't shot it today. I am gonna go back to the same range on the next paycheck and put another hundred rounds or so through it just to make sure it is snug on there.