My printer is not printing?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Mr. PC, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Mr. PC

Mr. PC Guest

2. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C. Guest

Solution: Reset the printer

Resetting the Printer
    By resetting the printer's power, the print buffer is cleared and certain sensors are reset. If there is invalid data in the buffer, or sensors are stuck in a particular mode; errors may occur.
    Follow these steps to reset the printer:

1. Turn the printer off with the Power button (if available).

2. Disconnect the data cable from the printer (not applicable to WiFi, Bluetooth or Infrared) .

3. Unplug the printer's power cord for approximately 10 minutes, and then plug it back in. If troubleshooting a communication issue, reconnect the data cable (not applicable to WiFi, Bluetooth or Infrared).

4. Turn the printer back on.

Note: If resetting the printer does not work, please attempt any other solutions that appeared in your search results.If this is a hardware error on the printer, the printer may need to be repaired.

3. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C. Guest

Solution: Perform deep print head cleaning (Windows) i860

Follow the steps below to perform a Deep Print Head Cleaning (Windows):

Note: After confirming that the cable is connected and the printer is powered on, perform the following.

1. Open the Printers folder.

* For Windows XP select 'Start', 'Control Panel', 'Printers and Other Hardware', and 'Printers and Faxes'.
    * For Windows versions other than Windows XP select 'Start', 'Settings', and 'Printers'.

2. Right-click the printer icon and select 'Properties'.

3. Click the Maintenance tab, and then click the 'Deep Cleaning' icon.

4. Select the ink tank color(s) for deep cleaning ('All Colors', 'Black', or 'Color').

5. Confirm the message, and then click the 'Execute' button.

6. The Power lamp will blink and print head deep cleaning will start. Deep cleaning completes when the Power lamp stops blinking and lights. (It will take about a minute for the Power lamp to stop blinking and light solid.)

7. Print a Nozzle Check Pattern to determine if further cleaning is necessary. You may need to perform up to three deep print head cleanings.

4. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C. Guest

Solution: The Print Head may need replacing - i860

Replacing the print head

The print head may need replacing if, after all print head and ink tank troubleshooting has been performed:

* The nozzle test appears broken or to have horizontal white streaks.
    * One or more of the colors is missing from the Nozzle Test.
    * The colors are incorrect on the Nozzle Test.
    * A print head error is indicated on the unit.
    * The printer powers off when the print head is installed.

If your printer is still under warranty :

You may resolve the issue by taking your printer to an Authorized Service Facility ( Find a Service Location) , or,

For toll-free technical support, please call 1 (800) 828-4040 during regular business hours (currently Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 midnight. EST, Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., excluding holidays).

If your printer is no longer under warranty :

* For technical support, please call 1 (800) 828-4040 during regular business hours (currently Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 midnight. EST, Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., excluding holidays). Pay for support is required on all units outside their original warranty, unless covered by a Canon Extended Service Plan. If it is determined that the problem you are experiencing is due to a failure of the printer's hardware, the pay for support charge will be canceled. If your out of warranty printer is determined to have a hardware problem, you have the option to purchase, at discounted pricing and free next business day shipping , a new or refurbished product from our current product line, which includes units with Canon’s new ChromaLife inks, PIXMA Technology, and a limited manufacturer’s warranty.
    * You may purchase a print head* through an Authorized Service Facility ( Find a Service Location) , or by calling 1-800-828-4040 between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 a.m. midnight, EST, Monday through Sunday. When calling, speak the phrase "order parts" when the speech routing system asks the reason for your call. You will immediately be routed to the Parts Desk for assistance. Be sure to have your model number (i860) or part number (QY6-0049-000) ready for the sales person.

* Please be aware that a print head may not correct the issue and the part is not returnable.

5. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C. Guest

I had a Cannon printer a long time ago. It worked for a little while. What I learned from Cannon was to keep powder to the plug even when the printer was switched off to keep the print heads from clogging.

6. ERASER

ERASER Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!

I have a Canon Pixma 3000. It printed fine......until I used aftermarket ink. Then I started having the same problem that you are describing. My printer's print-head comes out very easily. I found that I could take it out, rinse it in the sink, let it dry (sit it on a couple of paper towels to let the water wick out)and it would print fine --- until it sat for a while and the ink dried again. I finally just washed, rinsed and replaced the ink cartridges with GOOD ink. Everything has been fine ever since.

If you think that the print-head might have clogged with dried ink----and you can easily remove it---you might want to try hosing her down.

7. OldUglyNAngry

OldUglyNAngry

I had the same problem with my Canon printer. It was caused by an obstruction in the ink drain tube. Check out this site. It's will tell you how to clean it. Good Luck!

http://www.smarka.com/members/canonfax.htm