My Polish AK47 Underfolder

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by atxjax, Oct 28, 2010.

1. atxjax

atxjax El Melao

Here are a few pics of my Polish AK47. It is a build from Overland Industries. Although I've added a few parts to it I do have all the original furniture and no mods have been done to the metal itself so I can change it back to the original config at any time. So far I have done the following.

1. JTac 47 compensator
    2. Keisler Defense Billet Quad Rail ( milled so the folder will close normally )
    3. Vltor CK flashlight mount
    3. SolarForce L2 Cree flashlight
    4. Weaver Offset picatinny mount
    5. Tango Down QD Stubby VFG
    6. FSE USA grenade launcher buttpad.
    7. Paracord around the stock for cheek weld.
    8. Mako Ergo Grip

Planned in the works are the TWS GenII rail. I'm going to be one of the beta testers for it. And either a CompML3 or a T1.

I went with the canted forgrip up front because I didnt want to lose the buttpad in the rear since it does provide comfort when shooting. The canted grip gives it a more natural feel when grasping the rifle. Enjoy the pics. Constructive criticism accepted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ddbtoth

ddbtoth

Hey--can you tell me a bit more about what you did to the butt of that rifle, and maybe post some clearer pictures--that's interesting. The only thing I really don't like on my underfolder of the metal butt plate.

3. atxjax

atxjax El Melao

[​IMG]

Rubber buttpad from FSE USA. The only thing about these on UF AK's is that you have to trim some of the rubber around the mounting so it can allow the folder to lock in place correctly.

I do have an extra one that is ready to go that I had on my other folder that I sold. If your interested drop me a PM. I live in Pflugerville / Austin. SA is just down the road.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  4. ddbtoth

ddbtoth

Thanks-that is pretty slick, I'll look into them. Have a great day, maybe I'll see you at the UT/Baylor game tonite-shouldn't be to hard to find you!

5. atxjax

atxjax El Melao

I wont be anywhere near downtown as I always avoid that clusterfock down there.

Let me know if your interested in the extra pad I have.

6. TedG

TedG Infidel USA

Nice Job! I like it. Finally something different.

7. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Tacticool brah!

very nice looks blaktical taktical boom-badass... I cant do the whole folding stock weather under over side to side, nothing ... but it still looks awesome. Throw a tube and a Magpul MOE Black and ahhh yeah boy :)