close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My personal dilema!!!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by sangel9661, Mar 3, 2010.

1. sangel9661

sangel9661

So I currently own an HK USP 9mm V1. I am seriously debating if it is worth it for me to sell the thing for $600 with 5 mags and night sights to purchase a Glock 19. I love the HK but it is just too big for what I want/need. I usually just shoot at ranges and carry concealed quite often so the HK is just not what I want. Would anyone have any suggestions besides the Glock 19 ? (Not into Subcompacts at all!!)

2. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

If there's nothing wrong with it keep it, if you're only going to get $600 for it I would hold onto it and save for the glock. Unless you just want the G19.

At the end of the day the value is in what you're happy with.
    :wavey:

3. sangel9661

sangel9661

Thx for the quick response. Being married sucks because I cant get too many guns lol. Thats why I have to give one up to get a glock 19. Im just not sure if its worth the trade off.

4. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Believer

Keep the HK and buy the Glock.
    If you can't, the trade is not worth it.

Your HK is worth more than that!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  5. voyager4520

voyager4520

I personally wouldn't do it. Especially not a USP9 with 5 mags for $600. Did a gun store offer you that as a trade? Gun stores have a way of raking you over the coals when it comes to trades/selling guns to them. If that offer came from a gun store, you could probably get a heck of a lot more just selling the gun to another person yourself if your state/local laws allow it.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  6. sangel9661

sangel9661

Believe it or not i took it to some local shops and to the local cabelas and the most I was offered for it was $450!!! My buddy offered me $600. The gun is in great great shape less than 2000rnds through it. It has a little hairline scratch on the slide wich the stores called 80% condtion.

7. hoffy

hoffy

Used to work in one.... I would think hard about this, especially if the mags are Hi-cap, don't know the laws there. A good place to source prices for mags is CDNN Sports. I know for my 45 USP high caps are 50$, and during the wild bill clinton years even the 10 rounders were that much. Now, when they let the stupid law expire,,I was buying LE 40 Compact HK mags and was getting a 10 rounder free, but that is long gone with the latest panic, something else to consider. It is a big gun to carry, but a good IWB with a loose shirt has hidden my biggest Glocks and HKs.......

8. tango44

tango44

Welcome to GT Sangel, keep it simple, sell the HK for $600 (2 mags only)to your buddy, with that you can get a brand new G19 with night sights installed and 3 mags, sell the other mags on Gun Broker or here in GT classified forum or trade for brand new G19 mags, won't be difficult to get Glock for the HK mags.
    You won't regert with the G19.
    Just do it.

9. ijacek

ijacek

Keep the HK and add to the collection. Otherwise, trust me, you will regret selling the HK.

10. table

table

+1 on keeping the HK. get another gun when you can afford it. join the GSSF and get a 19 for like $430.

11. AustinTx

AustinTx

Isn't that roughly $250 just to replace the magazines?

12. woggie

woggie

The G19 is a great gun but I would not sell the HK, you WILL regret it if you do it. You mentioned CC, if you are having issues with doing that with the HK look into a different setup that conceals better or is more comfortable. I know it is hard at times to save for something like this, especially being married and/or kids but it can be done. Skip going out for lunch once a week (been there, done that) and stash the cash, it will add up quick. I love my G19 but I have an HK45C and if the USP9 is half that gun I would not give it up for anything. If you do decide to sell then do a little research, I am sure you can get more than $600 for a USP9 with NS and (5) mags!

13. ronin.45

ronin.45

$600 seems cheap with the extra mags. I would try to find a better price. I sold my HK's to buy Glocks so I'm all for the swap. Just find a better price.

14. Brain Virus

Brain Virus

Sell your wife and buy more guns..... simple.... :rofl:

15. glock19 lover

glock19 lover

AGREE :rofl::rofl::rofl:

16. sangel9661

sangel9661

LOL SHE WONT LEAVE!!! I love her and my kids dearly, but I also love the idea of more guns haha. I am thinking about getting the glock on the side and keeping the hk because i think id be loosing too much money.

17. G36pilot

G36pilot

Keep the HK and save for the Glock. That way you have a loaner when later training family and friends when they become interested. And they will.

18. CynicX

CynicX

I definitely wouldnt make that deal. I'd keep the HK before selling it for 600 and getting a G19...