My own stray dog experience...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Glock20 10mm, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

I have been reading along waiting for it to hit myself. You're right they all must have taken the day off.

2. happy seal

happy seal

Maybee the dog was coming to say hi? Why did you kill the poor defenseless animal?

I have been attacked three times. You know immediately the dogs intentions. Once was by a pack of coy dogs when I was stopped alone working on my dirtbike at 13 yo.

It is downright scary!

Good job, puttin them down! They were running deer and anything else that they could. Just scaring them off for the next neighbor to deal with would have been cowardly and irresponsible. What if they killed your neighbors kid a 1/2 hour later!

3. Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  4. M1a65

M1a65

Poorly trained and kept dogs are always a problem. Good on ya and I'm happy to hear both you and baby girl are alright. Dogs aren't always so easy to drop but then again I have never used a 10mm on one. Food for thought as you had to stay on target for a second and possibly third shot on a charging threat. Had a neighbor with a "free range" 110lb shepard that took 2 .38+p hollow points out of a 2" snub from 5' away. He had my trash strewn about my yard but it was when he started growling at me defending his dinner was when things got ugly. One in the heart lung area one in the ribs. Dog took off but never died. Lived for several more years to boot but never got into my trash or sh1t in my yard again... Go figure.

5. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

I certainly would not tell HR about this if you still work where you did because they may claim you are really too aggressive. I never shoot at things running away except thieves.:whistling: Glad you are ok and I hope you buried them and said nothing.

6. sombunya

sombunya Use it up, throw it away

I have two Pit Bulls. I also love dogs and have had many in my lifetime.

Knowing how Pits can be, I'm glad you were strapped. Nice shooting under pressure.

7. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe CLM

Good job looking out for yourself, glad you're OK.

8. Berto

Berto woo woo

I love dogs, including Pits, but you did what needed to be done. Good job protecting the house and daughter.

9. Clusterfrack

Clusterfrack

I know a lot of people who love dogs, and that's cool. I love my dogs, and like a bunch of other dogs too. But just like people, any dog I don't know is a potential threat. So, no love, no fear, just prepared.