close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My other toy

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by 345, Jan 30, 2005.

1. 345

To BOG's
    Heres one of my toys. Please note the rollmark on the slide and the low serial #. I apologize for the quality of the photos. The grip medallion also says Colt Custom. Enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Nice toy. ^c Did it come like that with the beavertail, hammer and sights?

3. 345

Yes sir. All from the Colt Custom Shop. Never been fired. I disassemble the gun and clean it to make sure there are no bits of metal on its singit and pusod. All the parts has the same serial # engraved on it. The only thing missing from the factory is the White grease or Moly as they call it.

4. Mayor

Mayor Gunrunner

great find 345! i must say, ive never seen one of these, but it looks great! it seems like a muslim sign or a mosque? howd you come across it? :)

5. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

what year was it made? when did colt offer beavertails for its custom pistols? what's the history behind this particular pistol?

6. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Very nice! I just got a Colt NRM myself late last year. Your gun seems to be highly collectible; so not firing it might be a good idea. Never seen the "onion dome" engraved on the Colt slide before.

7. 345

Mayor,
    Yung dome with a prancing horse on top ay yung dome ng bubong sa Colt factory. I have a mag picture of it. Ill post it for you one of these days.

8. Mayor

Mayor Gunrunner

ay caramba ;P , there's a Colt horse on top of it. ang galing! very nice indeed. i have a Colt Series '70 NRA Commemorative myself but i must say, im really impressed with this pistol. ill post a pic of mine soon. ciao! :)

9. 345

Eye cutter - Colt started to include a beavertail on their O (enhanced model).
    I called Colt and they are charging me more than $100 (>P6000.00) to verify and authenticate it by sending me the history and the certificate. But the guy at colt gave me a hint that I have more fingers and toes than this edition. He even made an offer to buy it. I wont spend that much for a certificate, because anyway this is not for display. I just want to share it to BOG's.

10. 345

alexii you're right its called the "onion dome". yup never been fired. but to tell you honestly ay kating kati na ako. pero yung mantra na value...value...value ay laging sumisiksik sa utak ko. Sabi nga ni misis e isa na namang perang inaksaya sa bakal kasi hindi ginagamit. Well para huwag ng pansinin e di nag advice ako sa kanya na mag shopping. Putris iyon lagi ang usapan pag may gustong bilihin e

11. 345

Mayor and to other BOG's
    Here's the Colt factory onion dome
    [​IMG]

12. paltik45

paltik45

Sangayon ako sa iyo kaibigang 345. Ganun din si missis pag naisipang mag shopping ang mga laruan ko ang pinupuntirya. One day she asked me kung bibili na naman ako ng boga sabi ko...." hindi bibili ako ng pang gawa ng boga!!!":( Kaya ayun bumuli ako ng milling machine at sabi ko sa kanya ay iwanan na lang nya ako maghapon sa bahay habang sya ay nasa mall;) . Kabayan as soon I finish working on an SVI/STI frame kayo ang unang makaka alam;f

13. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

does that mean it was made before 1920? wow! you should have a special box made for that pistol

14. 345

Eyecutter
    No it wasnt made before the 1920's. The gun made like this is less than 20. I am not sure of this until I (I mean them) authenticate it. So to me as of now is its only a hearsay. Ayokong mapahiya o mag-sinungaling kaya para sa akin ay ang dapat ko sigurong itawag sa baril na ito ay "interesting gun with unusual marking".

15. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Dre, post mo sa 1911 forum. I'm sure mero'ng mga colt afficinados dun na makikilala yan. ;)