Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For what it's worth, this is my opinion. I think it is Bat **** stupid and a huge waste of money to build a new Stadium to play the Superbowl in every year. Pick a spot build a stadium and use the damn thing for a long time. For what it's worth that's my opinion :supergrin::wavey:

·
Enslaved in IL
5,775 Posts
For what it's worth, this is my opinion. I think it is Bat **** stupid and a huge waste of money to build a new Stadium to play the Superbowl in every year. Pick a spot build a stadium and use the damn thing for a long time. For what it's worth that's my opinion :supergrin::wavey:
Um, okie, they dont build a new one every year.

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Lean & Mean
15,586 Posts

·
Monkeyboy
6,286 Posts
I'll give you 2 cents for it.:supergrin:

·
Cajunator®
38,164 Posts
They don't:headscratch: Where did I hear that then:dunno:
Yeah, they tore down the Superdome, and built a new one every time they had a super bowl there.

Come on, man.

Just because they're playing in a new stadium this year, doesn't mean that they have always done so.

Superdome was junk when they played it there. Still is junk.

·
Enslaved in IL
5,775 Posts
Yeah, they tore down the Superdome, and built a new one every time they had a super bowl there.

Come on, man.

Just because they're playing in a new stadium this year, doesn't mean that they have always done so.

Isnt everything there junk?

·
Pistolero
6,150 Posts
Okie, the new Cowboy Stadium cost 1.15 billion dollars to build and construction lasted for over three years.

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okie, the new Cowboy Stadium cost 1.15 billion dollars to build and construction lasted for over three years.
Damn:alex::faint:

·
Lean & Mean
15,586 Posts

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Come on, man.

I was under the impression that they built an new stadium every year, Chad. I reckon I was wrong:embarassed:

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Cajunator®
38,164 Posts
Besides that, a single Superbowl can pay for a brand new stadium every year, plus a whole lot more. These sporting events are economic giants, even when the economy is in the toilet. Every seat will be sold. Millions will be spent on memorabilia every Super Bowl. Food and beverages for parties. T-shirts. Banners. New and bigger TV's.

It's almost like a second Christmas for the retail industry.

Isnt everything there junk?
You've never been with a creole woman?

Have you ever eaten creole food?

Have you ever been to a jazz funeral?

Have you ever had beignets and cafe au lait?

No, a lot of things there are heavenly.

·
Can you hear me
3,287 Posts
I was under the impression that they built an new stadium every year, Chad. I reckon I was wrong:embarassed:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Pistolero
6,150 Posts
CJ is right.

The Dallas Cowboys franchise is worth 1.1 billion dollars. It is owned by Jerry Jones, whose personal net worth 1 billion dollars. He bought the franchise in 1989 for 150 million dollars.

Sport: Portion of franchise's value attributable to revenue shared among all teams. $528 million

Market: Portion of franchise's value attributable to its city and market size. $228 million.

Stadium: Portion of franchise's value attributable to its stadium. $188 million.

Brand Management: Portion of franchise's value attributable to the management of its brand. $119 million.

Super Bowl Sunday is seen as the biggest advertising blitz of the year. The football showdown fetched around 95 million viewers and $213 million in network TV ad revenue last year. For a single event, those are big numbers.

A report commissioned by the Super Bowl host committee projected a record economic impact to the Dallas area of $611 million from this year’s game.

·
Simple Member
7,472 Posts
All I know is that soon the Steelers will own that stadium.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts