My opinion on the Glock knife...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by omegapd, Jul 16, 2007.

1. omegapd

omegapd

Hi All,

Picked one of these up the other day after reading some good reviews about it on Midway's website. I checked here and surprisingly didn't see many posts about it, but it looked like it would fit the bill for me so I hunted around and found one pretty cheap.

[​IMG]

So far, I'm not really impressed. The finish on the knife looks like a basic flat black paint job and the knife's tip and blade were not sharp at all. I have made it serviceable but not the way I prefer one and it took a lot of work to get it as sharp as it is now. Some people on here have complained about the sheath but I like it. Nobody can just snatch the knife out without knowing how the latch works. It took some practice, but I can use it easily one handed now.

I know for a fact, I had my expectations too high due to the Glock name. I realize that mine is one out of millions too, so I could have gotten the one made hastily on a Friday afternoon, but if others are looking for a combat type knife, I think there's better things out there in this price range. Mine will probably spend it's time as an emergency/camping knife in the toolbox of my truck.

One thing, does anyone know for certain if Glocks tools, including their knives, are also treated with Tenifer on the steel? I've heard yes and no from many different sources.

Thanks,

EW

2. Omaha-BeenGlockin

Omaha-BeenGlockin

They're good for the price paid ($25)---but definitely not a first line blade product---get what you paid for I guess-----mine have found a home in the car and my back up supplies---not a front line user but a back up should you ever need it.

For around the same money---you can get a Buck 110($26) or a Buck 119($34) which are much more usefull products---that won't break the bank.

3. jcs71

jcs71

I love those knives. I have two of them and want to get more of them.
    It did take a while to put a good edge on mine but now they are shaving sharp. The points on them leave something to be desired.
    I do like the sawteeth on them as well because they are of a design that work decent enough and don't get clogged up with dust and wood.
    It is a good idea to have a couple of these stashed around for emergencies(spell?). Especially for the money you can't really go wrong with them. Besides they are made by Glock.:thumbsup: