My old Golden

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by MattHappyTrails, Apr 21, 2007.

1. MattHappyTrails

MattHappyTrails

Not many people understand the attachment you can bond with your dog over time. I have a 15 year old Golden since he was three. He was trained as a seeing eye dog but flunked out due to not being able to handle an elevator. None in our town at that time where the young man who raised him for a 4 H projuct could practice.

Knave, my dog, loved to hike,hunt and backpack with me. We did thousands of miles together. He carried his own pack. His is not 15 1/2 with a large tumor in his leg muscle. Nothing can be done for it. e can hardly squat to go.

I'm 60 and I feel like a little kid over having to put him down. Not easy.

Just had to share.:sad:

2. Popsmoke

Popsmoke

Yea - this is a very tough thing. I personally believe that Goldens are very special dogs.
    My sympathy's to you -

3. Petra

Petra

I'm sorry to hear about your buddy. Having been there, I can tell you that he will let you know when it's time. It's the one last thing you can do for your friend, be with him when it's time for him to go.

4. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

5. Wayne D

Wayne D

I'm very sorry, I too think Goldens are special dogs.

6. marley

marley 17-26-32

So sorry. Belive me I know. That is the bad thing about dogs. They die first. 15 is a long time. I had marley from the day he was born. He spent 7 weeks at my cousins before he came to me for good. The last and runt of his litter. He grew to one of the largest 80 lbs. He out lived all 9 of his brothers and sisters. Each day I miss him. Things we did places we went. Remember the good times they last forever. Patrick The dog was marley