Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, picked up a new 19x last weekend. Going to order a 43x ameriglo, 19 gen 5 ameriglo and g45 ameriglo next week. I used to have a gen 4 and early gen 5 17 but after the 19x and 45 were released ive got no lust for one anymore.

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,643 Posts
I think.....you must like 9mms? Which is hard ammo to find, at least around here right now.

·
Registered
8,844 Posts
The 19X, the 19 and the 45 are the same genre, but its whatever floats your boat. I have 15 Glocks and multiples of the 19 and 17, so I know that sometimes you just have to feed the beast.

Poor man's 19X.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
I think if it’s what you want, go for it.

I’m not one to judge. If you were to see my J and K Frame collection. They’re all the same, but different finish, barrel length, exposed shrouded or concealed hammer... same difference between the 19, X and 45

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
You also need a 26 and 17L..

Reactions: G19 fan

·
Registered
494 Posts
As an owner of the 43x it’s completely changed my view of Glock. I never owned a Glock until about 3 weeks ago. I LOVE it. Carries and shoots great. Fun at the range. I too am already considering my new Glock purchase. I think I’m going to go with a 29 next and then a 19 gen 5 possibly 19x. I’m like you I have a list of of my next guns and watches I plan to purchase. I guess I like to plan out things in the future but it’s fluid and more of a “wish list”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
548 Posts
Everyone has their own favorites. I’ll stick with the full size Glocks like the 20 and 21. Turned my 21 into a 40 Super and 45 Super. Big velocity and muzzle energy

·
Registered
278 Posts
I think it’s good to stimulate the economy and fun to have a hobby. I love glocks but only own 4. Two of those are gen 5 26s because I’m making that “my” gun. Probably get another Glock down the road but the 26 has won my heart.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have shot a 26 and i just dont personally care for them. Im sure theyre a great gun. I had a standard 43x but it was cheaper for me just to sell the gun and buy the upgraded model than just buy the sights. I sold my 43x for exactly what i paid for it. And i know the 45 is identical to 19x in most aspects. But i like the layout and its just money so screw it i want both lol. Ive thought about getting the 17 ameriglo over the 45 but i see no use personally for a 17 for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As an owner of the 43x it’s completely changed my view of Glock. I never owned a Glock until about 3 weeks ago. I LOVE it. Carries and shoots great. Fun at the range. I too am already considering my new Glock purchase. I think I’m going to go with a 29 next and then a 19 gen 5 possibly 19x. I’m like you I have a list of of my next guns and watches I plan to purchase. I guess I like to plan out things in the future but it’s fluid and more of a “wish list”

Hi there, I am new here. Did you bought the 15 mag from Shield Arms as well?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hi there, I am new here. Did you bought the 15 mag from Shield Arms as well?
Yes I have 3 S15 mags and I have the mag release. I know a member on here did have issues with the mag release but the one I got a few weeks ago isn’t showing the issues his did. Also I only have a mag or two shot through 2 of the mags. The other one probably has 500+ rounds through it without a single issue. It has been FLAWLESS for me and I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Your money do as you wish. :)

I personally agree with branching out a little as they are all similar. My collection consists of G17.2 G19.3 G21.3 G42. All serve a different purpose for my needs. I am considering a G44 but it is not a need as I have a 22lr pistol in the collection to train with. I do however see the need for at least 2 more G19.3 in my collection.

·
19,067 Posts
Alright guys, picked up a new 19x last weekend. Going to order a 43x ameriglo, 19 gen 5 ameriglo and g45 ameriglo next week. I used to have a gen 4 and early gen 5 17 but after the 19x and 45 were released ive got no lust for one anymore.
Welcome to GT and I'm glad you're enjoying your new guns, but 9mm is boring and a good assortment of ammo is hard to find right now.

You need to expand your horizons and get a Glock 20 in 10mm. Then you can shoot 40 S&w out of it with no modifications and 357 Sig with just a simple barrel change and 45 ACP with the addition of a complete Glock 21 Upper.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Not sure if you realize this but you will have to change the baseplates on the g45 mags for them to work in your 19x, loved the 19x and the g45 but bothered me that the 19x would not take the Gen 5 magazines.

I completely agree with a couple of the people above, pick up one of the 10mm models, I picked up a 29 last weekend and love it. Hard to decide between a 34 or a 20 as my next purchase.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts