Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
G21, Beretta M9
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have decided to get back into limited collecting. I am only getting pistols that have been used in military combat roles. My First new pistol is the Beretta M9. I had several that were used in this role in my previous collection. The M9, a 1911, an Sig P229 DAK (Coast Guard sidearm), a Browning Hi Power, so this M9 is my first in my new collection. Next will be a 1911. I’m saving up for a SA Garrison but thats just to shoot, The 1911 I’m gonna add as my combat style 1911 is gonna be the Tisas U.S. Army model 1911. It has the look and feel of an original (the original I can’t afford). Definitely adding the Sig M17/M18 and the Glock 19 Gen 5( Coast Guard, SEALS, Green Berets, etc), Glock 17. Gonna try to find another Hi Power. These are gonna be my combat collection but I will still buy other guns just to shoot and carry. Just something fun to do. Here is a pic of my new M9. Any other suggestions for firearms that have been carried by militaries. Especially those that have seen combat use. Handguns only maybe rifles will come later. Thanks

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

· Registered
1,802 Posts
So I have decided to get back into limited collecting. I am only getting pistols that have been used in military combat roles. My First new pistol is the Beretta M9. I had several that were used in this role in my previous collection. The M9, a 1911, an Sig P229 DAK (Coast Guard sidearm), a Browning Hi Power, so this M9 is my first in my new collection. Next will be a 1911. I’m saving up for a SA Garrison but thats just to shoot, The 1911 I’m gonna add as my combat style 1911 is gonna be the Tisas U.S. Army model 1911. It has the look and feel of an original (the original I can’t afford). Definitely adding the Sig M17/M18 and the Glock 19 Gen 5( Coast Guard, SEALS, Green Berets, etc), Glock 17. Gonna try to find another Hi Power. These are gonna be my combat collection but I will still buy other guns just to shoot and carry. Just something fun to do. Here is a pic of my new M9. Any other suggestions for firearms that have been carried my militaries. Especially those that have seen combat use. Handguns only maybe rifles will come later. Thanks

View attachment 1137876
A good M9 is on my proverbial gun bucket list. Whenever I had the disposable money required for one, could never find them for a reasonable price locally (I don't buy online), or just couldn't find them period. When I could find them, usually money was not there or the price was like "yeah, no thanks" high.

Very nice M9 there. :)

· Registered
G21, Beretta M9
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A good M9 is on my proverbial gun bucket list. Whenever I had the disposable money required for one, could never find them for a reasonable price locally (I don't buy online), or just couldn't find them period. When I could find them, usually money was not there or the price was like "yeah, no thanks" high.

Very nice M9 there. :)
The LGS I bought this one at has a used one for $467. It’s in great shape. I’m thing of snatching it up too.

· Registered
1,654 Posts
So I have decided to get back into limited collecting. I am only getting pistols that have been used in military combat roles. My First new pistol is the Beretta M9. I had several that were used in this role in my previous collection. The M9, a 1911, an Sig P229 DAK (Coast Guard sidearm), a Browning Hi Power, so this M9 is my first in my new collection. Next will be a 1911. I’m saving up for a SA Garrison but thats just to shoot, The 1911 I’m gonna add as my combat style 1911 is gonna be the Tisas U.S. Army model 1911. It has the look and feel of an original (the original I can’t afford). Definitely adding the Sig M17/M18 and the Glock 19 Gen 5( Coast Guard, SEALS, Green Berets, etc), Glock 17. Gonna try to find another Hi Power. These are gonna be my combat collection but I will still buy other guns just to shoot and carry. Just something fun to do. Here is a pic of my new M9. Any other suggestions for firearms that have been carried my militaries. Especially those that have seen combat use. Handguns only maybe rifles will come later. Thanks

View attachment 1137876
I like the M9/92.

The Mk23 is neat pistol.

· On the day of your birth death began stalking you
10,784 Posts
Nice beretta

Reactions: Dwsuratt

· Registered
11,020 Posts
Always liked the 92/M9 Series.

Congratulations on yours.

Add yourself a Makarov to your list.

The quintessential Com Bloc handgun of the 20th Century used by Soviets, China, N.Korea, Bulgaria, Cuba, E. Germany, and Vietnam. And they're still affordable within the price points you seem to be budgeting for.

Wood Everyday carry Material property Rectangle Fashion accessory

· The eBay Guy
24,091 Posts
Congrats!!

I love my M9! When I bought it, the lower had almost a blue hue to it, but I got it used for a good deal, so I went and had it cerakoted Burnt Bronze.

I really like the look, but I also really like the classic all black, so I'm thinking of picking up another one (I'll likely go 92fs this time) just to have as my "Rigs Gun", because I was a huge fan of Rigs, in Lethal Weapon, growing up. 😀

Air gun Wood Gun barrel Trigger Everyday carry

· Registered
G21, Beretta M9
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you're adding in revolvers too...

View attachment 1137985

View attachment 1137986

Kind of cheating here, these are both commercial variants, but there are direct military counterparts. 🙂
Definitely adding revolvers just don’t know if I can find them.

Congrats!!

I love my M9! When I bought it, the lower had almost a blue hue to it, but I got it used for a good deal, so I went and had it cerakoted Burnt Bronze.

I really like the look, but I also really like the classic all black, so I'm thinking of picking up another one (I'll likely go 92fs this time) just to have as my "Rigs Gun", because I was a huge fan of Rigs, in Lethal Weapon, growing up. 😀

View attachment 1138038
I just got done rewatching all 4 films. I loved Mel Gibson in that role. Danny Glover too

· Registered
G21, Beretta M9
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here is the holster I bought to carry my M9 in. It fits the gun perfect and has built in retention which is nice. It is the Blackhawk SEPA CQC. It has a belt loop which is what I’m using or a paddle attachment. It has adjustable cant so it conceals pretty easy

Handgun holster Automotive exterior Personal protective equipment Auto part Bumper

1 - 20 of 28 Posts